Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mark Brody

New in Town
I picked up this Scala cap last weekend. It seems that I do most of my traveling in uniform, so I can't wear my fedoras when I fly. They take up such a huge amount of space in a suitcase (in a hat box) that I'll sacrifice bringing extra clothes in favor of the hat.

I'd been looking for one of these for a while, but all the ones I found, including Christie's, were cheaply tacked down on the brim (I prefer snaps). This was also the only hat I found that had enough material over the top to fit on my head. In all other hats, I'd have had to get one size too large.

cap-1.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Midwest Boater said:
thanks to Mr.Paladin and Eph Tutt i now can wear my new (old felt with pride)
2gvpnpd.jpg
14uuvj4.jpg

dose it fit , do i worry to much?lol

If its comfortable and is not perched precariously on your head...then it fits. I like it!

Hornby

New in Town
Vintage Shop Find...

Found this in a local vintage shop for a mere £7!

Black with olive green.

01-1-1.jpg
02-1-1.jpg
03-1-1.jpg

04-1-1.jpg
05-1-1.jpg
06-1-1.jpg

07-1-1.jpg
08-1-1.jpg

Amazing condition and my new favourite. About to leave the house with it on my head...

H..*

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
Sue, I've run into that THREE times with otherwise near-perfect sweatbands. I have yet to find a safe removal method.

I have too! the second time around I mixed a few drops of goo-gone with a few drops of water and voila! Hope that works for you guys too.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice, robert :eusa_clap Looks like Huckel was taking some lessons from the old stetson westerns with that ribbon treatment

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
redhawks2 said:
So here's my new hat people cap in the full cut, just slightly smaller than the extra full cut. I haven't worn it enough for it to take on it's ultimate shape or drape yet. The fabric is a little thinner than I would have liked and there was no snap on the brim so I glued it down with hot melt glue. Kind of surprised at that. I really like these newsboy caps and would hope to run across a vintage one someday.
acap001.jpg
reminds me of Sean Connery in the Untouchables .;)

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino...

These pictures are from the auction. I won this Borsalino and it arrived today. It is nearly mint. I will post pictures of it soon after I clean it and shape it. In the mean time: besides airing the hat, is there any other thing to do to get rid of the smell of moth balls and "old closet"?

BemevymkKGrHqUH-EUErgzZ7NkhBK94T51O.jpg

BemeUBmkKGrHqMH-DMEreKy2P1DBK94ZLPg.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy