Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

billysmom

One Too Many
rlk said:
4116309346_2caebe9914_b.jpg
[

Beautiful! There's nothing not to like about this one!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GWD said:
Sage Green Whippet.

Thanks to Zetwal (Eric) I have finally, after over a year of looking, obtained a Green Whippet! This hat has got some age to it too! First off the Bow is different than the other Whippets I have and the sweat is un-reeded. The liner doesn't say Whippet on it but the sweat does. I sent this off to Graham at Optimo for a cleaning, I wanted him to ship it back to me open crowned, he called me and told me that at some point this hat had been stiffened and he didn't think I could handle creasing it myself. I took his advice but I didn't like the way he creased it and I re-creased myself (it wasn't too difficult). :D

I love the look of this hat! Thanks again Eric!

web.jpg

Its a beauty, GWD. Congratulations on your acquisition.

GWD

One Too Many
BobC said:
Very nice, Gary. I wonder if you might be able to post some additional more detailed pictures of the bow on that one. I have a gray Whippet with what I think is a similar treatment. I thought the ribbon may have been replaced at some point in a sloppy fashion, but I may have an older lid than I realized.

The tails at the back of my bow seem to be turned under and tacked.

I just cropped the Bow for your closer inspection Bob.

web.jpg

Stetson - Mayser 3X Beaver Quality Homburg

Stetson - Mayser 3X Beaver Quality Homburg size 58cm. The date is stamped inside the sweat 12/27/58. The hat is in perfect shape. The only issue is the paper size tag ripped when I pulled back the sweat band.

4117591477_d00e4c6f16_b.jpg

4117590551_e641795be6_b.jpg

lostinperiphery

Familiar Face
Just received my first vintage fedora, in size 7.5... I have a feeling its no older than the 60's but I'd be curious for feedback on its age!

in good shape, though the seal on the liner has blurred and faded onto the plastic. I tried my best to take a photo that would show the logo. Should I go ahead and remove the plastic? it is a bit nasty.... the rest of the hat is in tip top shape though!

moneyshot.jpg

underside.jpg

linercrest.jpg

sweat.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GWD said:
I just cropped the Bow for your closer inspection Bob.

web.jpg

Hmmm, doesn't look like the one I have. I'll post pics when I get it back. Still leaves me wondering whether the ribbon is original or not. [huh]

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Whippet in the mist

J.T.Marcus said:

After a cold water wash and a reshape.

Hats051.jpg

Was that reshape using a block or your bare hands? Very nice.

GWD, that Whippet is a cat's meow!

Here's some shots of my new Whippet. Did I say new? Yah, it looks like it came off the line yesterday. It even smells new. I couldn't get it to hold a dry crease for the life of me. The brim snap was all wonky and the crown kept popping out - it was like dealing with very thin cardboard. So I got out the spray bottle and gave the hat a good dose.

"Ahhh... Where ya been all my life, man"? :eek: A talking hat! :eek: ;) :p

hpim1905.jpg

hpim1904.jpg

GWD

One Too Many
That's a beaut CRH! A gray Whippet is my next obsession, Blue is on my list too, although, I don't know what I would wear with it. :D

CRH

Call Me a Cab
GWD said:
That's a beaut CRH! A gray Whippet is my next obsession, Blue is on my list too, although, I don't know what I would wear with it. :D

Yup, grey and black is just so classic. This particular hat is actually a little darker than my photos. It's a very beautiful shade of bluish grey - gun metal? [huh] No, gun metal would be darker... So I'm still on the hunt for a grey and black hat.

Earlier this evening as I was picking up loose ends at work a co-worker walked by, spied my Whippet and said "Now I like that one. I like the color".

I took a couple of steps towards her and she said. "Do that again."

"What?"

"Walk back there and walk towards me again".

"Wow, it changes color!"

Man, I think this one and a grey Mallory I recently scored could turn General Lee over in his grave. :D

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
GWD said:
Thanks to Zetwal (Eric) I have finally, after over a year of looking, obtained a Green Whippet! This hat has got some age to it too! I love the look of this hat! Thanks again Eric!

Thanks for your kind words Gary (and Aureliano). I'm delighted that you're so very pleased. That makes me happy too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass