Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

High Pockets

Practically Family
redhawks2 said:
acap001.jpg

Looks good on you! I've got three of their hats and love them.
The lack of the snap on the front can be a good thing, I like to kick mine back off the brim or over to the side for a different look every now and then. Not all the time,....but every now and then. :D

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
billysmom said:
Not many or for very long! It looks unworn. 'Course, if it didn't fit the original owner extremely well I can see where it would get reluctant use, at best. This is a very unforgiving lid. It doesn't even have enough leeway to tilt!

Sue

Tilt?
Royalty doesn't 'tilt', Sue.
They just lean to the left or the right at an angle appropriate to the quantity of alcohol consumed.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Ephraim Tutt said:
Sue,
Johnson is hatmaker to the British royalty - and Dr Who!

Who knows what noble scones have heretofore donned that lid!

And hatmaker to lucky Sue! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
JTL, Gene, and rlk---Those are all three great looking conversions/re-creases/westerns, in that order. Nice work on the two and I like rlk's just as is.

Matt, that is a beautiful, pristine-looking Johnson homburg; its in a class by itself.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
billysmom said:
This one came out of the bay in pristine condition - except that the seller put an inventory sticker on the sweatband! On removal it marred an otherwise perfect finish :( .

HJ.jpg

Sue, I've run into that THREE times with otherwise near-perfect sweatbands. I have yet to find a safe removal method.

jimmy the lid said:
Sorry, guys -- I'm with IC on this one! :p The brim is 3 1/4" -- which is a great width for all kinds of outdoors conditions. This one will stay as-is for use as a field hat. I do have a dress-weight Royal Stetson super thin-ribbon in a 2 3/4" brim for more civilized encounters...:D

Cheers,
JtL
No worries Chief but when the brim gets north of 3" I want to curl it up some. My 3X OR is at that limit for me of a flat snap brim of 3 inches. That 1/4 inch off seems to put the brim & crown into the Golden Ratio for my eye for a flat brim... [huh]

billysmom said:
This one came out of the bay in pristine condition - except that the seller put an inventory sticker on the sweatband! On removal it marred an otherwise perfect finish :( .

I hate taking images of black hats!

HJ-liner.jpg

It fits as if it were made for me. This is very good because it's so hard that there's NO give at all and it could be quite painful if it pressed or rubbed anywhere!

Sue

Wow that is a real beauty and in pristine condition! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

GallatinHatMan

One of the Regulars
Ephraim Tutt said:
Yep - Herbert Johnson - official Hatmaker to the Crown and Billysmom

L. Strauss was one of the favorite stories in Indianapolis as I was growing up. I remember they had a great selection of hats well into the mid 70s. They now, like so many other great places are now simply history.

buler

I'll Lock Up
3X Beaver Mode edge

Was surprised by this box when I got home. I literally had forgotten about buying this hat. Its a Stetson 3X Beaver Mode Edge in a blue/grey with a dark blue ribbon!! After a naptha bath this one should be a stunner. Unfortunately its not a 7 1/4 like the seller told me, but a 7 3/8.

B

3xbeaver_1.jpg

3xbeaver_2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto