Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

billysmom

One Too Many
gtdean48 said:
I mentioned winning this in the ebay thread but wanted to post a more detailed report.
The box say Golden Pilgrim with color being Argyle & it has the Formease comfort construction which is the style of sweatband. This is definitely New With Tags condition. It has a slight center dent, not a true open crown. The brim is 2 5/8 inches with a 5 1/2 inch crown. The ribbon & edge binding is a dark olive against the medium brown body. Here are some photos....
On my noggin
P1010102.jpg

P1010104.jpg

Wow!!!!!

Sue

buler

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
Landed this off the Bay when I had a school of 7 5/8 hats go by. It is nicely made with 2 5/8 inch brim, 5 1/2 inch crown. I don't know anything about Jay Lord so any info is appreciated. I'm going to have to adjust this crease some but here it is as purchased...

In an article from 1989 it mentions Jay Lord Hatters in New York closing in October 88 after 52 years of business. So they were around since 1936. Here is the one I got recently from ebay.

B

jay_6.jpg

jay_10.jpg

jay_9.jpg

Hückel Sigma Seal Velour

1930s Hückel Sigma Seal Velour. It is a size 6 Punti so luckily my size. The crown is 6 inches open with a 2 1/2 inch brim. I have to say this is the finest velour finish I have come across.

The non readed sweat and ribbon had to be replaced by Optimo. The liner was also missing so I had them put in a new one. I think did a great job on the restore.

4155344949_509b43af24_b.jpg

4156106900_a5718f7ab1_b.jpg

4155345337_1396c82af4_b.jpg

buler said:
In an article from 1989 it mentions Jay Lord Hatters in New York closing in October 88 after 52 years of business. So they were around since 1936. Here is the one I got recently from ebay.

B

jay_6.jpg

Wow that is a real beauty! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
buler said:

B

jay_6.jpg

Those look like well-made hats. Must have been fairly prolific at some time with a variety of styles from wide, bound brims with thin ribbons to stingies with raw edges and wide ribbons. Nice catches.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mayserwegener said:
1930s Hückel Sigma Seal Velour. It is a size 6 Punti so luckily my size. The crown is 6 inches open with a 2 1/2 inch brim. I have to say this is the finest velour finish I have come across.

The non readed sweat and ribbon had to be replaced by Optimo. The liner was also missing so I had them put in a new one. I think did a great job on the restore.

4156106900_a5718f7ab1_b.jpg

I can see why they call it a seal finish; beautiful hat.:eusa_clap

billysmom

One Too Many
Shudde Bros Custom

DSCF1761.jpg

DSCF1758.jpg

DSCF1757.jpg

DSCF1756.jpg

Shudde-Custom.jpg

Looks as if it's never been out of the box. :D No damage of any sort! I'll have to meditate on what crease/brim treatment it will get.

Sue

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Resistol Pace-Setter

Arrived today: Resistol Pace-Setter

Crown: 5" 1/2 (open) / 4" 1/2 (creased)
Brim: 2" 3/8
Ribbon: 1" 5/8
Binding: 1/4

Color is a medium gray (a little darker than I expected) with a slightly lighter edge binding and a black ribbon.

Ok, now I have to fess up: I messed up the liner! :eek: :eek: It was a little dirty and sticky (the oilskin protector adhered to the silk and made raspy sounds when I touched it), so I rinsed it with water and just a wee bit of soap - but still the print came off (and the oilskin still stuck to the silk, so I ended up cutting it out carefully) ... :eusa_doh: This never happened before, but then there is always a first time... :(

The rest is in pretty good shape: very soft, pliable felt without any stains or moth tracks and the sweat is in great condition too.

I steamed it back to open crown and then gave it a 4-point diamond for now.

Looks like this:

Resistol-Pace-Setter.jpg

billysmom said:
DSCF1761.jpg

Looks as if it's never been out of the box. :D No damage of any sort! I'll have to meditate on what crease/brim treatment it will get.

Sue

Pristine! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Looking forward to the results of your meditation.

Mario said:
Arrived today: Resistol Pace-Setter

Crown: 5" 1/2 (open) / 4" 1/2 (creased)
Brim: 2" 3/8
Ribbon: 1" 5/8
Binding: 1/4

Color is a medium gray (a little darker than I expected) with a slightly lighter edge binding and a black ribbon.

Ok, now I have to fess up: I messed up the liner! :eek: :eek: It was a little dirty and sticky (the oilskin protector adhered to the silk and made raspy sounds when I touched it), so I rinsed it with water and just a wee bit of soap - but still the print came off (and the oilskin still stuck to the silk, so I ended up cutting it out carefully) ... :eusa_doh: This never happened before, but then there is always a first time... :(

The rest is in pretty good shape: very soft, pliable felt without any stains or moth tracks and the sweat is in great condition too.

I steamed it back to open crown and then gave it a 4-point diamond for now.

Looks like this:

Another beauty for the collection! The crease work is so sharp it looks like you used a block! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Justdog

Practically Family
Royal Deluxe Coffee's California

RD 2 1/2 inch brim Soft Nice block. Coffees California. If anyone knows any history of that store? Very classic style. Age?
Pictures dont do the color justice as the ribbon and hat color are very rich .

StetsonCoffees1.jpg

StetsonCoffees2.jpg

StetsonRoyalDeluxeCoffeesCalifor-7.jpg

StetsonRoyalDeluxeCoffeesCalifor-5.jpg

StetsonRoyalDeluxeCoffeesCalifor-2.jpg

StetsonRoyalDeluxeCoffeesCalifornia.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael