Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Nice!!!

rlk said:
4147759061_a60e4b30f8_o.jpg
That is so sharp rlk
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

It looks an awful lot like my favourite Akubra Ranchero:
th_100_0160.jpg

th_100_0161.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Scott Wood said:
In case I had ever wondered if Optimo was any good that hat of yours is an amazing refurb Scott.
Wear it in good health :eusa_clap ;)

Woody

Thanks - I thought it was a pretty good example of what they can do.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mario said:
So I was anxiously waiting for the mysterious hat and yesterday finally arrived - a Homburg!

The color is a rich chocolate brown. The binding and the ribbon (heavily soiled, as can be seen in the photos, even though it doesn't really look that bad in person) were originally in a deep cherry red. The overall condition of the hat is ok, and a new ribbon should be put in place.

I think this is a really nice christmas present! :D

That is a very nice homburg, Mario. A beautiful brown felt and your crease work is great! Congratulations!

Mr. Paladin

GClark said:
The second was from ebay, billed as a 1950s Stetson Open Road.
The hat had been renovated (more than had been clear in the description) and the sweat has been replaced, it appears. I'm not really even sure it is an Open Road - what do you guys think?
2 5/8" brim, 4 3/4 inch crown height (shaped)

OpenRoad11.jpg

Very nice, GClark; you look good in the wide brim! I have not seen an OR with the grey ribbon and the gold/tan binding before. Generally one of the other. If I was guessing, I'll say the ribbon was a replacement too. My ORs all have the gold/tan ribbon and binding. That said, I don't know whether or not it is/was an Open Road. The dimensions are in the spectrum.

Mr. Paladin

Buler, Garrett, rlk, and Maam--You have all picked up some very interesting and fine hats lately. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

This Knox Fifteen I picked up on e-Bay arrived just before Thanksgiving but I worked the holidays and did not get a chance to post it until now. I am very pleased with it and am going to buy a nice brown suit to go with both it and the Stetson St. Regis homburg I bought from HPG. That one is superb as well. If anyone is interested, more pics are in the Homburg Nation thread.

KnoxFifteenHomburg001.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
I am very pleased with it and am going to buy a nice brown suit to go with both it and the Stetson St. Regis homburg I bought from HPG.

Hey, that's nice. I'd look for a tan/greyish beige suit. Maybe something with a window pane pattern. Having the suit a lighter color than the hat would be fantastic. But I can picture an entirely brown ensemble looking good too.

There don't seem to be quite as many shades of dark brown as there are greys but is your new one a different type of brown than the St. Regis? More orange or more red, etc.?

Mr. Paladin

Thanks for the suit color tip, Gene. That makes good sense. Maybe pinstripe though; windowpane is not my style so much.:eek: I am anxious to get a matching suit because I really want to wear that St. Regis out soon.

The Knox has more orange to it than the St. Regis does, side by side. It was probably not the best background to use that red chair with the brown hat as I think it seems to reflect some. The Knox felt is almost as nice as the St. Regis but I think the nod goes to Stetson.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Royal Deluxe Stetson

4153927490_af41c5b2c2_b.jpg

4153166587_a5940fe9b1_o.jpg

This only went for $26.00 a few days ago. No liner. 2-3/4" stitched underwelt brim and 9 ligne band.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Paladin said:
Thanks for the suit color tip, Gene. That makes good sense. Maybe pinstripe though; windowpane is not my style so much.:eek: I am anxious to get a matching suit because I really want to wear that St. Regis out soon.

I don't wear suits. I don't even know what a windowpane pattern is - a sort of plaid maybe? :eek:

Irregardless of the suit pattern, you have shown, Mr. P, that you can wear a homburg with panache and this one should be no different.

I recently fished this Stetson Panama off the Bay. I fell in love with the color of both the straw and the pug. My wife concurs. ;)

hpim1963.jpg

hpim1983.jpg

hpim1985.jpg

Somebody glued sandpaper rectangles around the hat presumably to keep the pug in place. Surely this would not be a factory feature...???

hpim1980d.jpg

I'll get the pug cleaned up and pressed, hopefully get some dents coming off the pinch and it should be good to go.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
This only went for $26.00 a few days ago. No liner. 2-3/4" stitched underwelt brim and 9 ligne band.

Good deal on that one in your... our size...

Another rust colored ribbon. I like those.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
The Gentleman's Hat

4154284404_ec318af73c_b.jpg

4154284728_1b3e111a0d_b.jpg

4154045184_556860065c_b.jpg

4153285813_208b02aaea_b.jpg

4154044622_5d9002c1e6_o.jpg

Triple-stitched raw edge Hollywood-style 2-7/16" brim. 5-3/4" open crown. Black velour in excellent shape. This went for $20.50. Felt is very similar to my 7X CB Stetson but slightly less stiff. Taped sweatband seam with overstitched reed. The nicest velour I've encountered-- finely finished. More details moved to Satin Finish Longhair Thread.

Mr. Paladin

CRH said:
I don't wear suits. I don't even know what a windowpane pattern is - a sort of plaid maybe? :eek:

Irregardless of the suit pattern, you have shown, Mr. P, that you can wear a homburg with panache and this one should be no different.

I recently fished this Stetson Panama off the Bay. I fell in love with the color of both the straw and the pug. My wife concurs. ;)

hpim1963.jpg

Nice eye on that Panama. It should look very good when you are done with it. I don't think the sandpaper is factory either. It would seem to rub and fray the pug from the inside if it was prone to moving around but....smarter guys than me will know I'm sure! :icon_smil

(And you are right about windowpane; generallly like a plaid with fine lines or light pattern weave like the pin stripes both ways on suits.
http://www.thefind.com/buy-36uA9ZOG...sion_id=ee65f6d17778ab2a60d489007d809895:0014

http://www.thefind.com/buy-36sKobzK...sion_id=ee65f6d17778ab2a60d489007d809895:0005

Thanks for the homburg props; I have too many but I pay my taxes, so I view it as :cool2:

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Mr. P -- very nice Knox 15. Looking forward to seeing it on you. :eusa_clap

rlk -- I'm likin' that Stetson. Looks like another tan/copper ribbon combo, yes? Great looking hat. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Midwest Boater said:
i guess no one in the lounge got that 7 3/8 Disney that was on ebay it went for $215 US, a bit more than i wanted to pay
but i was hopeing to see it here.
iqh5hz.jpg

Just opened the box, and am totally psyched to find that the Disney is actually a blue/gray with a navy ribbon. I'll post photos soon... ;)

Cheers,
JtL

rlk

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
rlk -- I'm likin' that Stetson. Looks like another tan/copper ribbon combo, yes? Great looking hat. :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL
The color is quite accurate(I'm surprised). I have a Dobbs that is very similar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland