Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
bolthead said:
I didn't know you even had lids in a size 7 for sale man. :eusa_doh:

Sorry,the Garrett hats were from the never wear section of my collection. They are some fine hats that I bought for their detail, felt and style. I still have some others in different sizes that I just look at. The Borsalino was in the classified section for a long time though. I teetered back and forth for a while before I let the Stetson go.

I have sold many, many hats that were not posted for sale but to interested parties.

Thunderw21 received hats that are in our size and one that he was looking for and I will be receiving the same shorty.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
WWI Stetson Clear Nutria Campaign Hat

Just received this. I was expecting a very stiff hat, but it's actually very soft and moldable - sort of like an old 3x dress hat, but the felt feels even nicer.

It also came with several photographs of the original owner wearing it. But...I actually bought it because of a 1930's Stetson Playboy box that came with it (posted in Playboy thread).

CampaignFront1.jpg

CampaignFront2.jpg

CampaignSide.jpg

CampaignSweatOutside.jpg

CampaignSweatLogo.jpg

CampaignInside.jpg

GClark

One of the Regulars
Two new hats - number 2

The second was from ebay, billed as a 1950s Stetson Open Road.
The hat had been renovated (more than had been clear in the description) and the sweat has been replaced, it appears. I'm not really even sure it is an Open Road - what do you guys think?
2 5/8" brim, 4 3/4 inch crown height (shaped)

OpenRoad1.jpg

OpenRoad13.jpg

OpenRoad2.jpg

OpenRoad3.jpg

OpenRoad6.jpg

OpenRoad5.jpg

OpenRoad11.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Woolrich Cap

4149438954_508d2956b6_o.jpg
4148670607_65c7e38653.jpg

Vintage cap with that odd synthetic sweatband seen on some WWII vintage caps. The Pendleton Jacket also came today with a similar weave.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
The one that got away...

Garrett said:
If I hadn't gotten tied up just for the wrong hour, I would have posted these pics ;) lol
Better you got it because I would be going nuts trying to find someone to put a sweatband in and you likely have all that settled already,

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Woody :)

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Scott Wood said:
If I hadn't gotten tied up just for the wrong hour, I would have posted these pics ;) lol
Better you got it because I would be going nuts trying to find someone to put a sweatband in and you likely have all that settled already,

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Woody :)

Truth be told the hat will never fit me - it was a 7 1/8 originally and the sweatband literally crumbled apart in my hands upon arrival. I'm now faced with either selling the hat as is, spending big money to have it sized down, or leaving it on the shelf as a display piece.

I don't think I'll spend the dough for a size down as this hat is not one I would wear out anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner