Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Also from Douglas - just arrived

IMG_3265.jpg

IMG_3266.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3282.jpg

bolthead

Thanks Jimmy....

jimmy the lid said:
Missed this the first time around, Bolt. Very interesting. Could you please post a close-up of the ribbon -- looks fairly unique to me, in terms of other Playboys I have seen. Also, I have an idea about the age, but could you please post a shot of the liner? That will help to nail things down a bit.

Happy Birthday -- and congrats on finding a Wish List hat!!! :)

Cheers,
JtL
I will do that for you. ;)

buler

I'll Lock Up
Richman Bros

Found this Richman Bros black in a 7 1/2 this weekend. They became Richman Steins in 1959, so its 59 or earlier.

B

richman_bros_1.jpg

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
i guess no one in the lounge got that 7 3/8 Disney that was on ebay it went for $215 US, a bit more than i wanted to pay
but i was hopeing to see it here.
iqh5hz.jpg

Garrett

Belongs to JTL now

Midwest Boater said:
i guess no one in the lounge got that 7 3/8 Disney that was on ebay it went for $215 US, a bit more than i wanted to pay
but i was hopeing to see it here.
iqh5hz.jpg

jimmy the lid said:
Looks like this lid originally came from Detroit, and now it's headin' home...;)

Cheers,
JtL

Belongs to Jimmy now ;)

Mario said:
This one came in as a real surprise. Some time ago I won a brown Whippet on the 'Bay. A few days later the seller sent me an email and told me that there will be two packages arriving at my door, as she sent off a wrong hat (she couldn't remember what kind of hat but it was a brown one, too) by mistake and shipped the Whippet one day later. She was very nice and told me to keep the other hat and consider it an early christmas present...! :D

So I was anxiously waiting for the mysterious hat and yesterday finally arrived - a Homburg!

The color is a rich chocolate brown. The binding and the ribbon (heavily soiled, as can be seen in the photos, even though it doesn't really look that bad in person) were originally in a deep cherry red. The overall condition of the hat is ok, and a new ribbon should be put in place.

I gave the hat a naptha bath, steamed out the old crease, put in a center dent and also decided to go with side pinches for now.

The brand name - Carli The Hatter - is a complete mystery to me, but the label says it that the hat was custom made.

I think this is a really nice christmas present! :D

Wow nice surprise indeed! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

simmonsgc

Familiar Face
Nice font!

Mario said:
This one came in as a real surprise. Some time ago I won a brown Whippet on the 'Bay. A few days later the seller sent me an email and told me that there will be two packages arriving at my door, as she sent off a wrong hat (she couldn't remember what kind of hat but it was a brown one, too) by mistake and shipped the Whippet one day later. She was very nice and told me to keep the other hat and consider it an early christmas present...! :D

Very nice hat, Mario. Brings to mind something I've been thinking about lately-- "Hat fonts." I really dig the "art nouveau" vibe in the font used to print the sweat in your new lid. Not that it's a big deal, but I think, all things being the same, it adds something. I'll have to search to see if there are any threads on this topic. I've seen some cool ones over the years-- art deco, nouveau, classic '50s style fonts -- some neat stuff. Just another neat thing about your new hat. Congrats.

Regards,
GC

icemanxxxv

Familiar Face
Shandon Flat Cap 4 One Penny

I won this cap on eBay for 1 penny bid plus 5.95 shipping.

Its a Shandon Donegal Tweed Woven in Ireland. It has 1 small defect. Maybe a burn mark or a moth hole not sure, anyways it hardley noticeable. For a penny Well worth it it's my first eBay hat score.

brushes3003-1.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs Cross Country Blue/Green Heather Mix

4147467341_f702d33b12_b.jpg
4147467627_3c62620122_b.jpg

4147469537_69c39cd4cd.jpg

Mix of blue and green felts. Believe it or not, a 6" open crown with a 2" overwelt brim flanged like a Derby. The dirtiest hat yet to come in a box and I can't detect the original crease at all. Here's a quote from the listing:"The hat is in bran new condition and it has never been worn". More to come in Dobbs Diner.

DOUGLAS

djgo-cat-go said:
You happen to have a nice 7 1/2 lying around? I would be very interested..:)

I will be posting a very nice one soon in the classified section.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy