Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Semsem

New in Town
What ya'll think?
314012427_o.jpg

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vanito, while these stingies are interesting I think you look much better with a wide brim such as the one in your avatar. You seem to be built for a wide brim in my opinion [huh]

Quapaw

New in Town
Steve, thank you. Two quick e-mails, a trip to the local P.O.

jazzncocktails said:
Bummer, Quapaw! In my experience, Hats Direct has been quite strong in customer service, so hopefully you'll get full satisfaction on a return from them. They should take care of you on this. Good luck on a quick resolution...
Steve
to file a damage report and HatsDirect has made me an extremely satisfied customer. No muss, no fuss they are sending a replacement when my size comes back into stock. There couldn't have been an easier resolution nor could the folks at HatsDirect have been any nicer to deal with after what was a very frustrating initial receipt of the hat.

Of course, now I have my eye on a Stylemaster as a small thank you back to them.

yanito

New in Town
Garrett said:
Vanito, while these stingies are interesting I think you look much better with a wide brim such as the one in your avatar. You seem to be built for a wide brim in my opinion [huh]

I'm still hunting for vintage 2 1/2 brims or larger in my size and my price range. I've got the vintage Open Road in my avatar, which I shaped into a teardrop, a Stacy Adams black 2 1/2, and a Scala brown Indy 2 1/2. I would love to a find a nice vintage Stetson around the $60 mark but it seems that's impossible on eBay.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Also from Douglas: a fuzzy "Turgis".

Within an hour after I got it two girls had already petted it. This hat's a keeper. ;)

1930sTurgisfuzzy001.jpg

1930sTurgisfuzzy002.jpg

1930sTurgisfuzzy003.jpg

1930sTurgisfuzzy004.jpg

Douglas also sent me a nice Dobbs, I'll see if I can't post pics sometime.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
The Dobbs Cross Country from Douglas. Has a cav. edge.

1930sDobbsCrossCountry001.jpg

1930sDobbsCrossCountry002.jpg

1930sDobbsCrossCountry003.jpg

1930sDobbsCrossCountry004.jpg

Both the Turgis and the Dobbs have tall crowns and narrowish brims, just the way I like.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Carli The Hatter Homburg

This one came in as a real surprise. Some time ago I won a brown Whippet on the 'Bay. A few days later the seller sent me an email and told me that there will be two packages arriving at my door, as she sent off a wrong hat (she couldn't remember what kind of hat but it was a brown one, too) by mistake and shipped the Whippet one day later. She was very nice and told me to keep the other hat and consider it an early christmas present...! :D

So I was anxiously waiting for the mysterious hat and yesterday finally arrived - a Homburg!

The color is a rich chocolate brown. The binding and the ribbon (heavily soiled, as can be seen in the photos, even though it doesn't really look that bad in person) were originally in a deep cherry red. The overall condition of the hat is ok, and a new ribbon should be put in place.

I gave the hat a naptha bath, steamed out the old crease, put in a center dent and also decided to go with side pinches for now.

The brand name - Carli The Hatter - is a complete mystery to me, but the label says it that the hat was custom made.

I think this is a really nice christmas present! :D

Carli-The-Hatter-Homburg.jpg

Tooch

One of the Regulars
That's just an excellent surprise! I love it when nice things just happen, like that.

And that's a good-looking hat.

This one came in as a real surprise. Some time ago I won a brown Whippet on the 'Bay. A few days later the seller sent me an email and told me that there will be two packages arriving at my door, as she sent off a wrong hat (she couldn't remember what kind of hat but it was a brown one, too) by mistake and shipped the Whippet one day later. She was very nice and told me to keep the other hat and consider it an early christmas present...!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ