Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
You have to upload the photos to a host such as photobucket and then copy and past the IMG link. Is that how you're going about it?

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Selvaggio said:
I just got this black stingy Panama. I'd be interested in any thoughts as to vintage (60s maybe?). Anyway, I very pleased with it. It's a nice soft straw and very pleasant to wear.
1960 give or take a few years.

Selvaggio

One of the Regulars
MadDawg said:
Can someone please share with me how to attach photos to posts?? Every time I try, it tells me there is an error, regardless of the size of the photo!!
Also, when you paste the link, you click the little yellow mountain range square and that gives you a pop up field into whick you past the (photbucket or other) link.

billysmom

One Too Many
Dobbs Homburg

There was only one auction picture - the hat with its box - but I gambled and won it for a small amount (relatively). My fourth brown Homburg and my newest, judging by its innards:

DSCF1780.jpg

DSCF1781.jpg

DSCF1782.jpg

Very jaunty lid:

Dobbs-Homburg.jpg

More details later on the Dobbs Diner.

Sue

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
rlk said:
4174244245_d9b7db6163_o.jpg

Really seems unworn. This ain't no Open Road... Box is great too. Seems like a slightly finer finishing than the 3X--maybe a touch of Beaver in the blend. Kind of halfway between the 3X and 7X as one might expect. Felt weight is thicker than the 25 and a little less compacted(25 has almost no texture). More photo details when I can avoid mixed lighting. 4 degrees with blowing snow so no outdoor shots(my battery lasts about 30 seconds any way). Unusual tall center crease with side dents like a Diamond. Pretty firm stiffening though still soft and smooth. 5-1/2""crown height at peaks as creased. 2-7/8" polished raw edge brim.
thread:http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=919746#post919746

I like it! Felt sounds very nice.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
billysmom said:
There was only one auction picture - the hat with its box - but I gambled and won it for a small amount (relatively). My fourth brown Homburg and my newest, judging by its innards:
Very jaunty lid:

Dobbs-Homburg.jpg

More details later on the Dobbs Diner.

Sue

Yes maam, I believe that is a current model as I've seen one at the Outlet, but it does look really sporty! Nice!

ADHD librarian

One of the Regulars
Swaggering

Picked up a Stetson Swagger today in a nice carbon grey with some long light hair running through it and a sewn overwelt. It is an Australian made one marked "John Martin's of South Australia". It looks unworn (I'll change that in a hurry).
It is a nice addition to my small collection being a stingier brim than any I currently own.

Sorry, no pictures as I am in the process of moving and everything is packed.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hello,

Behold the first of my two latest acquisitions! ;)

Knox homburg:

DSC_0870-1.jpg

DSC_0869-2.jpg

DSC_0868b.jpg

DSC_0871-1.jpg

Not that old, but it was a good price. I seem to recall a homburg with an unbound brim, such as this one, had a different name?

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hello,

Behold the second of my two latest acquisitions! ;)

A Scottish "bowler", by Keith Scott, in a nice fawn colour.

DSC_0874.jpg

DSC_0873.jpg

DSC_0872.jpg

DSC_0876.jpg

DSC_0877.jpg

DSC_0878b.jpg

This one is older. Seller had it as a "bowler" - it is not a true bowler, the crown is softer and the hat does not really conform to that style, but it does have very straight sides, even a little of reverse taper is apparent from the front (or is it a bit of a bump?). It is taller than the average bowler, too, this is more like those taller bowlers - do they have a different name? So, is this some interpretation of a bowler? Or is it a homburg?

I am really tempted to use this one open crowned.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Well, my Camp Draft finally arrived! I still have to steam it, but Mrs. McGee assures me that doing so will have to wait until the Christmas tree is decorated.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Oh, I'll get a head shot up, but not until after steaming. I'm looking forward to getting it shaped so that I can wear it! It actually took me a while to decide whether I liked the Camp Draft, but I've seen some really good-looking ones around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn