Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Mayser Homburg

This Mayser Homburg (size 59cm) is probably late 50s early 60s and in great condition.

4181048820_158869c6b0_b.jpg

4181048852_10884e5b3d_b.jpg

4181048796_3eb1a3695a_b.jpg

Dreispitz

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
This is a black Borsalino (size 6 1/2 Punti) made for the German market. I am thinking late 50s early 60s. Paid $23.00 dollars.

4181049146_9c4731dfb4_b.jpg

4181049176_fb124cdc9b_b.jpg

4181049024_6c6c7bc52e_b.jpg

Nice one! Looks much better than in the auction pictures. I was bidding, too :D

Peschel Flexa

This Peschel Flexa (size 59cm) is from the late 50s early 60s. Probably too stingy (2 inch brim) for most but I like the look. Peschels (never seen a pre 1945 one from Nový Jičín) are pretty rare and only paid $1.50.

4180287231_0d9d910da5_b.jpg

4180287087_520655f616_b.jpg

4180287255_837bc70c34_b.jpg

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Thanks, everyone. Yes, it's the Taupe Fawn. I was looking for a good, neutral color that would go with lots of my casual stuff, and, I have to say, I think I found it. It was very easy to shape, too. Part of that may be that I'm getting better with the kettle, but it took right to the shape I wanted.

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
shippensburg!?

Garrett said:
Tattered but I love this one:

IMG_3380.jpg

IMG_3381.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

IMG_3383.jpg

I am always amazed to see the names of towns you would not expect- shippensburg! the only thing i know of there is shippensburg U. one of PA's state schools...unless i am ignorant (quite possibly) but i also recall seeing a town in Jersey as well that I don't think is a place you would expect to see hats manufactured.

these finds really show how the industry has not just retracted but really shrivelled- amazing.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
cybergentleman said:
these finds really show how the industry has not just retracted but really shrivelled- amazing.
Again, that's probably the store where it was sold, not the
manufacturer: "Made Expressly For". But the stores selling hats
have certainly retracted, too.

Garrett, you figure that's late 19thC? Couldn't be much later than 1910s?
And don't let those thin ribbon people see it. A really unique hat.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Probably late 1870's or early 1880's

feltfan said:
Again, that's probably the store where it was sold, not the
manufacturer: "Made Expressly For". But the stores selling hats
have certainly retracted, too.

Garrett, you figure that's late 19thC? Couldn't be much later than 1910s?
And don't let those thin ribbon people see it. A really unique hat.

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
nods

...right, the retailer not the manufacturer- either way, you wouldn't think that people in shippensburg were wearing such clothing..it is very interesting. i am going to look into this as time permits- history of the city etc as well as this retailer...exam tomorrow, but hopefully will have time soon

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Spats McGee said:
Well, the Christmas tree is up, so I was able to put some steam to my new Camp Draft.

I can already tell that this one's going to be a favorite for casual wear!

All of us Campdraft owners already know that and now you know it too, Spats.

Way to go!

Spats McGee

One Too Many
CRH said:
All of us Campdraft owners already know that and now you know it too, Spats.

Way to go!
Well, I didn't figure that you'd all be wrong! lol (I just wish I'd been a little quicker on the uptake.)

Tooch

One of the Regulars
Beautiful hat! And great job on shaping it.

Thanks, everyone. Yes, it's the Taupe Fawn. I was looking for a good, neutral color that would go with lots of my casual stuff, and, I have to say, I think I found it. It was very easy to shape, too. Part of that may be that I'm getting better with the kettle, but it took right to the shape I wanted.

marvelgoose

One of the Regulars
The MD1

Matt calls his hat the rather prosaic name of MD1. He calls the color Gray Phantom which I think is really a much better hat name. Still its his hat and I do not name hats as I can't stand to give anything else top billing. For more on my phobia of naming things, you can read this on my personal website.

Anyway, here is a noggin shot of me and the new MD1. You can see another one in my new avatar over to the left.

100_0313.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails