Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
marvelgoose said:
Matt calls his hat the rather prosaic name of MD1. He calls the color Gray Phantom which I think is really a much better hat name.
Anyway, here is a noggin shot of me and the new MD1. You can see another one in my new avatar over to the left.

100_0313.JPG

A grey in that tone is, I think, one of the most useful. That hat is very well done! :eusa_clap

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
I added some research to the Oldest Hat thread. Looks like its pre-1866 and J.C.Williams is a person.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=921605#post921605

Thanks. You inspired me to do some research on 'Frank E. Hunt' of Mt. Vernon, Washington...my old Mallory bowler has a Mallory liner tip that has printed below it "Designed and made for Frank E. Hunt, Mt. Vernon, WA".

Turns out he was a Justice of the Peace, not a hat shop owner.

buler

I'll Lock Up
duckcall said:
Found this a couple of weeks ago. Anyone know anything about this hat?

Oh, those are horrible hats. Very bad luck. And in a bad color combination! lol

Just kidding. Dobbs Twenty's are quality hats. Has a cavanagh edge and the currently popular rust ribbon. If its a 7 1/4 and you don't want it consider me first in line to say "I'd buy it!".

B

new... well kinda

picked this up at goodwill, didn't like the look of it on me, so I tried to sell it, but I think I over paid for it and didn't want to lose money on it, so I didn't get any takers for it, so I changed it to a teardrop c crown, added a lot more curve to the brim and decided to give it another try on myself... I like the shade of grey, just wish it had a black band instead of navy, and maybe a little wider...

it's a really thin felt, too chilly to wear in the blustery cold, but it will be a good hat for fall / spring...

img200.jpg

img201.jpg

img203.jpg

Petey21

New in Town
Hello all, greetings from Sweden. I'm a new member here, found these boards some days ago, and a couple days ago I also got my first hat, a Stetson Elkader as shown in this picture. It's not vintage as I got it at a local hat store, but I like the look of it anyway. I do have a western hat too though, and a bowler/derby hat I got from my grandfather when I was around 8 or so, but unfortunately the latter is way too small to fit my head now. But this one in the photo fits at least. :)

stetsonelkader.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
RobFedoraField said:
picked this up at goodwill, didn't like the look of it on me, so I tried to sell it, but I think I over paid for it and didn't want to lose money on it, so I didn't get any takers for it, so I changed it to a teardrop c crown, added a lot more curve to the brim and decided to give it another try on myself... I like the shade of grey, just wish it had a black band instead of navy, and maybe a little wider...

it's a really thin felt, too chilly to wear in the blustery cold, but it will be a good hat for fall / spring...

img203.jpg

Nice-looking hat, and looks good on you - what's the brand?

My take on buying hats is if you paid too much and don't like the hat, it doesn't change the value of the hat -just sell it and get another. I have bought plenty of beautiful hats that ended up not looking right on me, or just didn't fit right - I sell them immediately and don't worry about it. For every hat you pay too much for, you'll find another that you get for peanuts.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Michaelshane said:
The mailman brought this today.......

P1050563.jpg

Is it a true 7 1/4? I wanted that hat, and you got it for a good price, but I'm finding that those old Stetson westerns are often a size small (shrinkage from age?), so I'm now afraid to bid on anything smaller than 7 3/8.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Bad buy

Received a Royal Stetson today that I had fished from the bay and it was misrepresented for sure. Was listed as a 7 1/4 and when I dug around (after it sooo obviously wasn't:rage: ) I found the 6 7/8 tag. Going to clean/brush/pretty it up, get some pics and resell asap.
At least it's in good nick and I got it cheap![huh]

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner