Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

billysmom

One Too Many
Torpedo said:
Hello,

Behold the first of my two latest acquisitions! ;)

Knox homburg:

DSC_0870-1.jpg

Not that old, but it was a good price. I seem to recall a homburg with an unbound brim, such as this one, had a different name?

I believe it's sometimes called a "lord's hat". No matter what you call it, it's a wonderful lid! Congrats!

Sue

MadDawg

Familiar Face
New Stetson Downs

I picked this hat up at my local Stetson "overrun/defect" factory outlet for $40!!. After digging through a hundred lids, found this one in perfect condition, only flaw was that the size tag was wrong in the hat. Not even the wife could argue this impulse buy.

billysmom

One Too Many
MadDawg said:
I picked this hat up at my local Stetson "overrun/defect" factory outlet for $40!!. After digging through a hundred lids, found this one in perfect condition, only flaw was that the size tag was wrong in the hat. Not even the wife could argue this impulse buy.

Nice one! Congratulations - don't you love it when you dig and dig and finally just the right one appears?

Sue

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
What bash folks?
Fantastic Hat.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Try a center crease with moderate side dents slightly towards the front. What's the brim flanging like or is it a bit limp at this time? A polishing spin with a bit of light spray works wonders with those hairy beasts.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Torpedo said:
Hello,

Behold the first of my two latest acquisitions! ;)

Knox homburg:

DSC_0869-2.jpg

Not that old, but it was a good price. I seem to recall a homburg with an unbound brim, such as this one, had a different name?

Very nice sir! I like the other one as well but this one is by far my favorite. Great color and styling. A lord's hat, I believe.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MadDawg said:

I have good luck there every time as long as I carefully examine the hats. Often the only flaw is so minor as to be imperceptible or merely a mistake such as yours. Maybe I'll see you there sometime. Happy hunting!

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Well, the Christmas tree is up, so I was able to put some steam to my new Camp Draft. The first picture doesn't accurately show the color, but the rest of the pics are pretty close. These were taken last night & it was too late for natural light, but the second and fourth pictures are the closest, I think.

I can already tell that this one's going to be a favorite for casual wear!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn