Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Welcome to the 40s

Salty and Digo ...

Those are great lids!

Terrific brims and great, big crowns!

To think, you once could walk into any men's wear store and see row after row of those on shelves!

Oh, for a time machine!:eusa_clap

Dreispitz

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
These are on the way to me but not from eBay. I will post more photos once they arrive.

Dunn & Co London Bowler size 60cm

4288632712_ca5b31d57b.jpg

AETHA Silk Bowler size 58cm (Not sure what to make of this one (Bowler meets Topper)? It looks of very high quality.)

4287902173_4fa1cc524d_o.jpg

4287902247_f4051fccc9_o.jpg

Hückel Mecur Homburg size 58cm

4288269794_6c5043dbdf_o.jpg

4287529021_66379035e7_o.jpg

Wegener Straw size 58cm

4288664762_3358107c6c_o.jpg

4287923233_3870f2b4ff_o.jpg

Habig Straw Boaters Sizes 59 and 60cm

4294015582_e47d7ed81c.jpg

4294015686_77465c3af2.jpg

What a great prey! Another Hückel Mercur, too! The silk Bowler looks rather clergy.

Dreispitz said:
What a great prey! Another Hückel Mercur, too! The silk Bowler looks rather clergy.

Yes another Hückel Mercur although this one is a newer vintage.

I think you are spot on regarding the silk Bowler (see the HutKoening Pope hat). I am looking forward to checking it out in detail.

billysmom

One Too Many
Salty O'Rourke said:
Arrived today - seller claimed it's from the 1940's, which I took with a grain of salt...but I think it probably is given the oilcloth brylcreme shield.

Out of the box:

4294269600_16647f828b.jpg

The ribbon treatment:

4293529645_9e504f40ef.jpg

Profile/Wind Trolley - the button has the Knox crest:

4293534751_2a9bd34948.jpg

On my noggin, with a pinch:

4293540905_00c6d8539f.jpg

All it needs is good brushing and a few days cooped up with some baking soda - it's a little smokey.

I tried to get a good shot of the interior but the lighting and my phone camera wouldn't cooperate with each other. The liner is pretty clean, only a little smudge on the intact and pliable oilcloth. Sweat is in great shape too. I'm happy :D

VERY nice!!! I love back bows!

Sue

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Scott Wood said:
:arated:
Starting to think I should get onto the wind-trolley band wagon. A nice, fairly simple, addition to any hat of value.

I mentioned this in my post in the School of Hard Knox but inadvertently left it out here - when I examined the wind trolley a little closer, I noticed that it is completely detached from the hat - no sign that it was ever attached. I wonder if the cords were shipped with the hats as an optional accessory, with the idea that the haberdasher could attach it if the customer wanted it. I've read of unattached trolleys in other threads but this is the first one I've come across.

High Pockets

Practically Family
What I thought would be this summer's Panama "beater" was delivered the other day but when I opened the box....inside instead, was a really nice Cuenca!

A sweet little Cuenca to be worn this summer with some really nice casual wear.

I suppose I now have to start looking for a "beater" all over again,....or as my wife would say; "I need to go shopping again."

This is one of PanamaBob's specials that he occasionally tosses in the 'bay.

Thank you Robert!

100_0137.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Man O Man Buler!

buler said:
This arrived in a very crushed box today. I knew that the hatbox was in there and I guess my praying was answered while opening it. No damage to the box. See more detail in the Dunlap Drive-In thread.

B

forty_box.jpg

forty_1.jpg

forty_2.jpg

That's a serious eye-popping drooler, Buler. In fact, I'm gonna make a list and call it "Buler's Droolers"!

It'll be a long list.

Now, how about sticking that box in Hatbox Homage?

buler

I'll Lock Up
Ephraim Tutt said:
That's a serious eye-popping drooler, Buler. In fact, I'm gonna make a list and call it "Buler's Droolers"!

It'll be a long list.

Now, how about sticking that box in Hatbox Homage?

Thanks Tutt (and others). Box has been added as requested.

B

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Salty O'Rourke said:
Landed this one out of the bay, came in today's mail:

4296187013_f1eb0b65a5.jpg
[/CENTER]

This is my new favorite hat - until the next one arrives, anyway....

I like the look of the tall crown and wide brim on you; nice rakish shot too!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Hey everybody - remember me!? I used to show up here now and then blabbing on about my hats... lol

---------------

Well, it's no match for that Dunlap ( :eusa_clap ) but I was pleased to find a Charcoal Grey Champ Featherweight for $15 in a local antique shop today:

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:

Gene - nice first-time post... ;) :D

Honestly, though: great to have you back with us! Your appearances were prettey rare lately. :)

And it's also great to see that you're celebrating your comeback with such a nice Champ! Lookin' real good there - and a real steal at $15! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy