Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys!

I've been around here and there. Been listing some items in the Classifieds and actually having a good deal of fun interacting with Loungers on those little deal$.

Also been checking on several of the other threads here at TFL since there hasn't been much developing in my hat collection lately.

Still, my visits have been brief as I have quite a few little creative projects going on at the art table and with the photo set-up. All in all, I basically came out of a little funk and settled into a nice groove where I'm busy and enjoying it. :)

unitone

New in Town
new Marathon

I recently picked this one up.

me_marathonhat.jpg

Added: It's a Penny's Marathon

RobStC

A-List Customer
unitone said:
I recently picked this one up.

me_marathonhat.jpg

Added: It's a Penny's Marathon

Very nice, Unitone - really like the colour combo on that one :eusa_clap :eusa_clap . The Marathons always look so nicely proportioned; will have to try and track one down someday.

Rob St.C

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
I was pleased to find a Charcoal Grey Champ Featherweight for $15 in a local antique shop today:

Hi there Gene. What's the brim width on the new Champ? It looks a pinch narrower than what we typically see on you. Or is that just my imagination? :)

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
HarpPlayerGene said:
Hey everybody - remember me!? I used to show up here now and then blabbing on about my hats... lol

---------------
:eusa_clap Nice, Gene! :eusa_clap

You're going to need to build an addition onto your house just for your hats!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HarpPlayerGene said:
Hey everybody - remember me!? I used to show up here now and then blabbing on about my hats... lol

---------------
Well, it's no match for that Dunlap ( :eusa_clap ) but I was pleased to find a Charcoal Grey Champ Featherweight for $15 in a local antique shop today:

DSC_0037.jpg

Thats a beauty, Gene! I love Champ hats. :eusa_clap

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Schoble Homburg

Just arrived:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390142250983&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I wanted to get my hands on an inexpensive homburg to see if the style suits me. I think this is going to turn out like my stingy experiment - disappointing.

The hat itself is in excellent shape, just a couple of small stains that I can get out with K2R, naptha, or if that fails some fine sandpaper. Should have commanded a higher price than it got imho.

4305833306_3c397e3cda.jpg

4305018929_bdcbf69442.jpg

4305761962_1a37e72e7f.jpg

More pics in The Noble Schoble thread.

The photos look okay I suppose but I feel kind of ridiculous wearing this thing, like I'm on my way to a costume party or waiting to take my turn onstage between strippers a la Pinky Lee...

Salty O'Rourke said:
Just arrived:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390142250983&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I wanted to get my hands on an inexpensive homburg to see if the style suits me. I think this is going to turn out like my stingy experiment - disappointing.

The hat itself is in excellent shape, just a couple of small stains that I can get out with K2R, naptha, or if that fails some fine sandpaper. Should have commanded a higher price than it got imho.

4305018929_bdcbf69442.jpg

More pics in The Noble Schoble thread.

The photos look okay I suppose but I feel kind of ridiculous wearing this thing, like I'm on my way to a costume party or waiting to take my turn onstage between strippers a la Pinky Lee...

I like Homburgs with more curl on the sides and flatter front and back. You might be able to take some of the front and back curl out with steam. Adding side dents can give more of a casual look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy