Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
4372920304_7d81d16c30_b.jpg

What shall I say ... I am speachlessssss :eek:

buler

I'll Lock Up
Most Excellent Stetson

Just got this Stetson Excellent Quality Feather Weight bowler in a whopping 7 5/8. More detail going into the pre 40's Stetson Dress thread.

B

exc_2.jpg

exc_3.jpg

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Knox Vagabond

A friend of mine I work with asked me if i wanted a hat he found at an estate sale for $5, all he said was that it was a gray Knox without any liner in it. I asked him if the brim was wide or narrow, he said it looked wide to him. I thought heck, for a measly $5, it's a wide brimmed, gray Knox right?

Well it wasn't in a hatbox, but it didn't matter, when I saw what it was, I nearly fainted. It was open crowned and looked like it was never even worn. When he asked me if i wanted it, I never even asked him if it had a size tag in it. I figured if it weren't my size, maybe I could reblock it or use it for parts.

Well, much to my surprise, it was a 6 7/8, so it would need a little stretch, no big deal.....but the real kicker was that it was indeed a Knox, not only was it a Knox, but it was a mint "Vagabond", a hat that has been on my wish list for quite some time. I feel like it was Christmas all over again. I owe my buddy lunch, to say the least.

Vagabond.jpg
Vagabond2.jpg

Vagabond5.jpg
Vagabond6.jpg

Vagabond3.jpg
Vagabond4.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics fellas, I guess I was pretty anxious to show it off. [huh]

buler

I'll Lock Up
Mario said:
Wow, buler! Both the liner and the sweat are real killers - as is your new avatar...can we see a little more of it? ;) :D

Mario, I had to crop that pic for the avatar. But I could always send you the full pic.

B

theinterchange

One Too Many
Take-Off By Champ

My Takeoff came in the mail today! It's really in good condition, the only knock against it is the sweatband being a little dried out.

IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

closeup of the pin, shoulda got all of the feather in there! :eusa_doh:

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

This is a sporty little hat, I'm very pleased with it. Though, I'm probably going to work on the bash a bit. "On head" pics to come.

Randy

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
theinterchange said:
My Takeoff came in the mail today! It's really in good condition, the only knock against it is the sweatband being a little dried out.

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

Randy

Fabulous lid Randy. It looks the spitting image of mine, though mine is sans feather. Great to see you have the original pin too.

Mine has a centre dent which gives the crown a little lift and works for me. It's one of my favourite stingies.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Ephraim Tutt said:
Fabulous lid Randy. It looks the spitting image of mine, though mine is sans feather. Great to see you have the original pin too.

Mine has a centre dent which gives the crown a little lift and works for me. It's one of my favourite stingies.

Thank you, sir! Seeing yours made the decision to get this one for me.

I think the center dent would work, this looks too porkpie-ish for my taste, so I'll rework it.

I'm surprised at how nice the felt feels, it's really quite soft.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Yep Randy, this was my first Champ and that felt gave me a great respect for the brand. When you consider that Champ was generally a cheaper hat than the equivalent Stetsons, they sacrificed none of the quality to do it.

theinterchange

One Too Many
Ephraim Tutt said:
Yep Randy, this was my first Champ and that felt gave me a great respect for the brand. When you consider that Champ was generally a cheaper hat than the equivalent Stetsons, they sacrificed none of the quality to do it.

I was thinking the same thing as I handled the felt for the first time. I'll be on the lookout for more, that's for sure.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Hollyce said:

That's unique, Hollyce! Where did you find it?

Looks like it used to have far more pins in it then it does now. Your other photos of it reveal that someone's cut holes to make what reminds me of Jack Skeleton of The Nightmare Before Christmas. I wonder if the cutting is "original", i.e., if it was done by the owner who modified it into this shape in the first place, or if it was done recently with Jack as the model?

Cheers,
Tom

Dreispitz

One Too Many
buler said:
Just got this Stetson Excellent Quality Feather Weight bowler in a whopping 7 5/8. More detail going into the pre 40's Stetson Dress thread.

B

exc_2.jpg

exc_3.jpg

Nice one! Let´s see it in action !!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot