Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Mario said:
That's a fine catch, Steve. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

So it seems that, with some patience and a fine-tuned sub-radar scanner, some of those stray Peschels of old can still be found out there in the wild.

I'd really love to get my hands on a pre-WWII specimen, or at least pre-50's.
After all I have seen so far, I'm guessing that my gray velour Peschel is from the early to mid-50's, which is pretty close but still not the real deal.

Hmmm...it just occured to me that I might appear overly picky... :rolleyes: ;)

I would like to find a pre WWII Peschel from Nový Jičín (Neutitschein) too. :) I have only seen one on here and it was in very poor condition and hacked up. I have never seen a pre WWII Brüder Böhm available. Just have to keep looking.

P. & C. Habig Melone (Bowler), Holder & Case

Also recently received this P. & C. Habig Melone (Bowler). The paper label has a date stamp of 1932. The hat is in new condition and came with the original holder and case. More details in the German - Austrian and Bowler - Derby threads.

4596274397_a4aa3db48f_b.jpg

4596272519_eb7922c6a1_b.jpg

4596888014_23c9d2f927_b.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
mayserwegener, I am always pleased to see pleated liners. They are so beautiful. Congratulations on your excellent acquisition.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I received this new hat on Saturday from Tom Gomez. This started when my brother and his wife went with us to see Carrie Underwood and Craig Morgan. There were a lot of western hats there, of course, some of which I thought looked pretty good. I started looking around for something I thought I would like and found a few hybrids I thought would look ok on me without being too western. Then the idea hit me to call Tom to see what he could come up with. I wanted an open weave that would be airy in the hot weather like a Cuenca brisa weave. That's just what Tom made for me in a western-ish style that I really like.

The leather band is decorated with abelone shells turned alternately inside out then outside out. The shells are attached to the leather band with very small green vintage Czech beads, and the band is tied with leather laces that are decorated with brass beads and one green bead. The shell band will remind me of our annual beach vacations that we look very much forward to.

Thanks, Tom, I really like this hat, and I think it's going to be a fun hat to wear.

web-3.jpg

web-1-1.jpg

web-2-1.jpg

DSCF5285.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

One Too Many
CONGRATULATIONS ¡¡¡¡

BobC said:
I received this new hat on Saturday from Tom Gomez. This started when my brother and his wife went with us to see Carrie Underwood and Craig Morgan. There were a lot of western hats there, of course, some of which I thought looked pretty good. I started looking around for something I thought I would like and found a few hybrids I thought would look ok on me without being too western. Then the idea hit me to call Tom to see what he could come up with. I wanted an open weave that would be airy in the hot weather like a Cuenca brisa weave. That's just what Tom made more me in a western-ish style that I really like.

The leather band is decorated with abelone shells turned alternately inside out then outside out. The shells are attached to the leather band with very small green vintage Czech beads, and the band is tied with leather laces that are decorated with brass beads and one green bead. The shell band will remind me of our annual beach vacations that we look very much forward to.

Thanks, Tom, I really like this hat, and I think it's going to be a fun hat to wear.

web-3.jpg

web-1-1.jpg

web-2-1.jpg

DSCF5285.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg
Congratulations for your design is an own style, much people buy hat and use it like thats were bought in store, a few make changes, It is your style. Congratulation again:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BobC

150719541 said:
Congratulations for your design is an own style, much people buy hat and use it like thats were bought in store, a few make changes, It is your style. Congratulation again:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thank you. ;) This is probably the most personal hat in my little hat family.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
snapped some not great quality cell phone pics of my new lid:
27945_650252102528_11701808_37269211_5207730_n.jpg

Brim up, worn "rude boy" style

27945_650251848038_11701808_37269209_7091523_n.jpg

Brim down, worn regular.

It's a Stetson Latte Milan weave hat. I added the feather and pin that I took off my Stetson Temple....personally I think both fit this hat much better. Is it heresy to put a feather on a Milan weave?[huh]

CRH

Call Me a Cab
jlee562 said:
... Is it heresy to put a feather on a Milan weave?[huh]

Probably but who cares. A little heresy in the face of demagoguery never hurt anyone - well I guess if you don't count all the heretics burned at the stake! :eek:

I'd loose the Stetson pin though. The feather is stylish. The pin is just cheap advertising. Put it with your other nick nack keep sakes.

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
3 Borsalinos and a Resistol for $25

Borsalinos all need a thorough cleaning. Resistol has two moth bites. All 7 3/8 size. I always wondered what happened to John Dunbar, AKA Dances With Wolves

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Chinaski said:
SpeedRcrX - I missed reading through the Lounge yesterday, but wanted to comment on your Penman. I think it looks great! There's something really interesting about a high-crowned stingy. I like it.
:arated: :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

BobC said:
I received this new hat on Saturday from Tom Gomez.

web-3.jpg

Nice Bob! Snazzy band!

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Chinaski said:
SpeedRcrX - I missed reading through the Lounge yesterday, but wanted to comment on your Penman. I think it looks great! There's something really interesting about a high-crowned stingy. I like it.

Thank you ! I really love everything about this hat. It's a real winnner!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy