Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Another Fuzzy Mossant

4584998528_8a020468c9_o.jpg

4585157108_16d85dcb34_b.jpg

4584393963_5da8b9d042_b.jpg

Really dirty and unkempt, like you hadn't washed your hair for a week or combed it.
This is after brush vacuuming. Borsalino-style accordion pleated sweat ventilation at brow.
The color is Chanvre(Hemp). Some moth activity disguised by the long hair. Unfortunate bleach mark on front of ribbon. Still a fantastic overall quality hat.

rlk said:
Really dirty and unkempt, like you hadn't washed your hair for a week or combed it.
This is after brush vacuuming. Borsalino-style accordion pleated sweat ventilation at brow.
The color is Chanvre(Hemp). Some moth activity disguised by the long hair. Unfortunate bleach mark on front of ribbon. Still a fantastic overall quality hat.

That is one stylish French long hair! Great find! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

billyspew

One Too Many
rlk said:

Fantastic Mossant!:eusa_clap

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
buler said:
Seafoam green/blue Stetson. Very hard to photograph color. No model name. More pics in the loose affiliation of niether wide nor thin thread.

B

seafoam3.jpg

Very nice Stetson. I'll have to search for something like that. Ribbon is good, a change from the usual.

Mr. Paladin

rlk said:
4584002171_f2cc3d521f_o.jpg

Agressively flanged upward so can't snap. Fairly thin and soft felt. Wide binding equal on top and bottom(10 ligne total)of 2-3/4" brim and 22 ligne ribbon around crown. Marked under sweatband as 7-1/2 but a normal 7-1/4 in reality[huh]

Thats an unusual find, rlk. Very good catch!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs Up-brim Stingy

With thanks to HPG for this unusual item.

4586515233_e93e031420_o.jpg

A deep Moss Green with Navy Pin-stripe ribbon and binding. My camera can't get it right or Flickr's software.

laotou

One of the Regulars
ScionPI2005 said:
In what city did you find that goodwill hat, laotou? It appears to have originally come from my city; I've been to that hat shop!
Ft Collins Co. The size tag reads "custom" I would love to get some info on this hat. They have been around for 63years so the website says.It is in fine shape
and makes me very happy!:)

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
A non-deciduous...Shady Pine...for the conifer lover

Matt Deckard said:
I have one of their cowboy hats that they call the shady oak. Seeing a dress hat with a liner that says Shady Oak is interesting.

Talking to Joe Junior, he said that the Shady Oak was Peter Bros. signature hat... the tan cowboy hat version that is.
shadypine001.jpg

jwalls said:
I have been working on this one for a few weeks off and on. Here are the photos I made this morning. http://www.myphotos.yahoo.com/s/20um7cjq58ene63fojmh I made the hat with 1940's block and flange marked "strato" from my collection. 5-3/4" block and 2-5/8" flange. I also have some flanges that are 2-1/2" "strato" from the mid 50's. :) :) :) :)
JW, let me know when you are ready to take orders! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Lembert ?

Lembert ? (Augsburg, Germany). It has a very short crown and is softer than a typical old Bowler. I have to think it goes back to at least the 1920s maybe earlier. When I posted it on the eBay thread (a while ago) someone thought it might be a school boy hat but it measures 58cm and actually fits me. If anyone has any idea what it is please comment. I am also checking around but haven't heard anything back yet. More details in the Bowler - Derby thread.

4586753851_c5a0b1d18f_b.jpg

4587379664_19a99bb825_b.jpg

4586842858_74dafbce83_b.jpg

Mr. Paladin

jwalls said:
I have been working on this one for a few weeks off and on. Here are the photos I made this morning. http://www.myphotos.yahoo.com/s/20um7cjq58ene63fojmh I made the hat with 1940's block and flange marked "strato" from my collection. 5-3/4" block and 2-5/8" flange. I also have some flanges that are 2-1/2" "strato" from the mid 50's. :) :) :) :)

You did a great job on that Strat clone, jwalls. 2 5/8" is a great brim width and that tall crown is perfect with it. :eusa_clap

DRB

One Too Many
jwalls said:

I am impressed! Are you making hats just for yourself as a hobby or are you making them for others? I think it would be fun to make your own hat (if you could make the look you were trying for).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran