Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
One of many thrift store finds today, including the jeans and t-shirt.

60? 70s? Whatever. It's made in Cleveland and, despite being 2 sizes too small, it seems to fit just fine.

DSC_0145-1.jpg

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
Newhat.jpg

Just got this today. Local shop was having a 50% off sale so I couldn't resist.

It is a SCALA brand.

My first 100% wool hat. Marked as a "small" but a little to big for my head. I will add a spacer to the inside. I like it, but it is my first full brim. I am not sure how it's going to fit with my face structure. I know it doe snot fit with the shirt I am wearing in the photo, I plan to get a dark brown jacket (like a bombers jacket) for the winter.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Lefty said:
One of many thrift store finds today, including the jeans and t-shirt.

60? 70s? Whatever. It's made in Cleveland and, despite being 2 sizes too small, it seems to fit just fine.

DSC_0145-1.jpg

DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

I think that could be a good bit earlier.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Today....

Went to an antique mall I hadn't been to before. Found a couple of things. Mallory homburg, 2 mint Marathons and some boxes.

B

BELOIT.jpg

Wyrd

Familiar Face
Got my first proper fur felt hat today. i went to an antiques place, they had alot of trilbys, a stetson western which was too small, this was the only fur felt however.

DSC07857.jpg

Its definately seen better days, it has a small moth hole, the felts a bit grubby and the bows a bit messed up. but i like it all the same.
DSC07859.jpg

the linings not too bad.
DSC07860.jpg

DSC07861.jpg

Its REALLY soft in comparison to my wool felt jaxon. The woman i bought it from reckoned it was 1940's but who knows... here it is wearing me.
DSC07852.jpg

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congrats Wyrd

That is a fine velour :eusa_clap Definitely made prior to the 40's if everything is original. Interesting how the grosgrain ribbon bow/knot style is similar to the old Bowlers. It may have even been taken from an old Bowler as a replacement for the original ribbon.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I really like that hat. It's an old one. And just so you know, the fraying on the bow edge is intentional, and came that way from the factory.

Wyrd

Familiar Face
KNOWLEDGE! you are both filled with it! not fur felt then :eusa_doh: interesting about the frayed bow. Its great to actually know something about the hat now. and indeed on the sweatband it says "austrain velour" dunno how i missed that xP

cheers guys.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Wyrd said:
KNOWLEDGE! you are both filled with it! not fur felt then :eusa_doh: interesting about the frayed bow. Its great to actually know something about the hat now. and indeed on the sweatband it says "austrain velour" dunno how i missed that xP

cheers guys.

It's still fur felt, with a velour finish. Nice find

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You sir, have instantly garnered as much respect as I can muster. :eusa_clap
Alas, I'm not too enthusiastic about finding a vintage hat in 7 3/8 that I like.

...I guess it couldn't hurt to try. [huh]

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Honda Enoch said:
Newhat.jpg

Just got this today. Local shop was having a 50% off sale so I couldn't resist.

It is a SCALA brand.

My first 100% wool hat. Marked as a "small" but a little to big for my head. I will add a spacer to the inside. I like it, but it is my first full brim. I am not sure how it's going to fit with my face structure. I know it doe snot fit with the shirt I am wearing in the photo, I plan to get a dark brown jacket (like a bombers jacket) for the winter.

Congratulations. I think that color would go just fine with a dark brown jacket.

Wyrd said:
Got my first proper fur felt hat today. i went to an antiques place, they had alot of trilbys, a stetson western which was too small, this was the only fur felt however.Its REALLY soft in comparison to my wool felt jaxon. The woman i bought it from reckoned it was 1940's but who knows... here it is wearing me.

Great old velour! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Also the lighter colors are especially tough to find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner