Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Portis "EZY - Flex" Boater

I picked up this "EZY - Flex" Portis Boater at an anitque place in Denver. It has 2 3/4 inch brim!

4830690730_d92ed2fc56_b.jpg

4830078249_4e71a6ec7a_b.jpg

4830690862_49d89fb3c0_b.jpg

4830078347_067dd70bc7_b.jpg

Wyrd

Familiar Face
hatophile said:
Wyrd

That's a nice old hat. Just do a bit of shaping, there are recommendations in this forum for how to do that without staining the hat. Looks good!

yeah ive been playing about with it, it looks better. Its really soft though doesnt really stay in one form for long. Im really loving this hat, its starting to feel like mine more already :D.

also cheers scion :)

rlk

I'll Lock Up
"Bee Cool" Genuine Pango Straw

4832773438_326245a3c0_b.jpg

4832773748_4c9864210e_b.jpg

I'm relieved its not Imitation Pango:rolleyes: . Ventilation holes. Not sure if this is a grass fiber or paper product.

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
A New Adam In the House

A very nice medium gray Adam with some interesting stitching around the brim and a different treatment to the grosgrain band. The dark spot is water and the light spots are the sun coming through the lemon tree. A dappled, almost impressionistic, never mind.
a057.jpg
a056.jpg
a055.jpg

redhawks2, Really like the ribbon and binding work on your Adam! Adam made fun hats. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

RLK, Another cool Bowler, Derby, Melone! Is the maker Scottish? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

rlk

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
RLK, Another cool Bowler, Derby, Melone! Is the maker Scottish? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Thanks, no specific maker info unfortunately. Sweat says Extra Quality British Manufacture.

Adcurium

A-List Customer
My "New Dobbs"

I just fished this out of the 'bay....

NewDobbsFithAvenue.jpg

Here is the description the seller listed:

This is a vintage Dobbs Fifth Avenue New York men's fur felt fedora, size 7-1/8 with the original box. I believe it is circa 1950's. The inside of the hat reads Dobbs Fifth Avenue New York, Dobbs Fifteen with the Stagecoach emblem, Ware Pratt Co. Quality Corner Worcester, Mass also Guild Edge in a crest, and has the letters ENA. I inherited this along with items from my Great Uncle's estate. This hat does have some age wear, not noticeable when worn. It has some very small moth nibbles, although one nice feature is the box and the hat does not have a bad smell, there is a very small hole in the lining, also does have some age discoloration in the lining. The box is intact, both lid and bottom, but does have age wear mostly along the cardboard edges. The hat is light taupe in color, with an approximate 2-1/2" brim and a crown height of 5".

So... Any thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner