Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Somehow, I failed to get a shot of the front of the sweat, where the model name, "SAVOY", is stamped. The weather stripping behind the sweat is either self-adhesive, or glued in. Either way, it makes the hat fit me just right, so I've got no reason to remove it.

DSC_00172.jpg

DSC_0022-2.jpg

DSC_0025-1.jpg

DSC_00262.jpg

DSC_0027-1.jpg

DSC_0029-1.jpg

DSC_0031-1.jpg

DSC_00332.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Alan. It's almost exactly as I found it. I haven't brushed it, it needed very little shaping - and is so soft that there's no steam/water needed - and I just can't get over how well it fits.

The wind trolley is elastic, and a little stretched, which is the only thing that I can see as being less than perfect about this find.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lefty....

She's a beaut, for sure. :eusa_clap
Is this your 1st Vintage Borso? Or is it just that it fits you so good?
Isn't it incredible though, about the felt of a good Vintage Borsalino?
There's something so different about them that's just unexplainable.
Like Lefty said, when he stated that he needed no steam or water and very little shaping.
The felt is so buttery, you just wanna play with it.....:D

BTW, DM....that is one cool looking Fuzzy Green Lid you Scored dude.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Nope, it's my second. My first, however, is more of a beater and is really, really floppy, though still very soft.

bolthead said:
She's a beaut, for sure. :eusa_clap
Is this your 1st Vintage Borso? Or is it just that it fits you so good?
Isn't it incredible though, about the felt of a good Vintage Borsalino?
There's something so different about them that's just unexplainable.
Like Lefty said, when he stated that he needed no steam or water and very little shaping.
The felt is so buttery, you just wanna play with it.....:D

BTW, DM....that is one cool looking Fuzzy Green Lid you Scored dude.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman, I love the green one, but I don't know how you can do it. I can handle an open road, but something like that just crosses the line for me. It's a nice hat, but I just couldn't wear it.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Lefty said:
Dinerman, I love the green one, but I don't know how you can do it. I can handle an open road, but something like that just crosses the line for me. It's a nice hat, but I just couldn't wear it.

This is one I'm not sure I'm going to be able to pull off. I can pull off a green hat. I can pull off a fuzzy hat. I can pull off a cowboy hat of this style. But all three of these unusual things together? I don't know. But it was too interesting to pass up, and I love those wide curled brims.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:
This is one I'm not sure I'm going to be able to pull off. I can pull off a green hat. I can pull off a fuzzy hat. I can pull off a cowboy hat of this style. But all three of these unusual things together? I don't know. But it was too interesting to pass up, and I love those wide curled brims.

Maybe you could "dine out" on that hat....lol lol ;)

Stoney

Practically Family
Dinerman,

That is a very nice and unusual find.

You can wear that hat, with a little panache, and maybe a pair of 1930's fuzzy chaps. Just kidding. I'm sure you can pull it off and make the hat look great.

BobC

This hat arrived today from Panama Bob, blocked by Gus Miller. It's covering my nearly bald head now. It's a semi-colado complete with two ribbons. I asked for a blue color called mediterranean blue and Robert said Gus told him that the sea was different colors depending on the time of day. Well, it got me two different blue ribbons...:) :) :)

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

Thank you, Robert and Gus. The hat is beautiful!

frijoli

One of the Regulars
BobC said:
This hat arrived today from Panama Bob, blocked by Gus Miller. It's covering my nearly bald head now. It's a semi-colado complete with two ribbons. I asked for a blue color called mediterranean blue and Robert said Gus told him that the sea was different colors depending on the time of day. Well, it got me two different blue ribbons...:) :) :)

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

Thank you, Robert and Gus. The hat is beautiful!

I like this one on you!
Clay

BobC

Thanks, Clay and Gene. I'm pretty pleased with this one. Not that I haven't been pleased with the first two as well, but this is the new one. :)

Gene, you surely have a fine collection of hats. They all look great on you. Keep showing them to us. I enjoy seeing them and I'm sure a lot of other people do to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace