Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Mossant Castor Hudson(Beaver) Homburg

5346367967_34702f85d1_b.jpg
5346365785_8af0a9140f.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
On the hatband it says "Pastoralist." I assume that is the model.

It also said something like "expressly made for Outback Trading Co.", right? Its odd, a similarly-named hat is offered at EverythingAustralian, though it has a lower, telescoped crown. It is also described as "more suited to women's casual wear"...

I like yours better :).

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
It also said something like "expressly made for Outback Trading Co.", right? Its odd, a similarly-named hat is offered at EverythingAustralian, though it has a lower, telescoped crown. It is also described as "more suited to women's casual wear"...

I like yours better :).

Yes, the stamp on the sweat says "Made Expressly for the Outback Trading Co, PA." I know what you mean about how much nicer mine looks, tho. After I got it on ebay I started looking around for new sellers of the model. Every version of it shows it with a flat top, telescoped (like a gambler style). I have not seen it anywhere in the form I have mine in with a fedora front pinch treatment. I think mine looks far better than the other versions I've seen thus far for sale new.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Wow, looks more grayish to me, but a very nice-lookin' hat nonetheless.

I agree with you. I don't see a hint of "green" in this color.Naturally my photo above is a tad lighter than in real life, but not too much so. I can see the "blue" in the bluegrass.... but the green? Nope.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
On the Akubra website they have this to say about the Pastoralist:

"A unisex style hat which has become an old favourite.
Features a low pork pie crown and two row plaited band."

And they show it with the 73mm bound edge brim snapped down all around :) I like yours better :)
Onward thru the fog :)

T Rick

Practically Family
They only list 3 colors for that hat on the manufacturers site. "Bluegrass Green, Sand, Tawny Fawn" But it sure doesn't look like Bluegrass Green to me.

My Camp Draft is DEFINTELY green. Even though a tough color to photograph (and I saw others here I thought blue/gray before mine arrived). Puzzling, as it sure doesn't look like either of the others. I wonder if it could be a color no longer listed/made in that model?

DRB

One Too Many
Chinaski: I also noted that no one posted a new hat yesterday. Here is a peak at one that is being built by Gary White, just to keep things moving. Under construction. Dark Olive, Cavanaugh edge, 100% beaver. Ribbon: Black , 1 inch wide with a black, Hassidic, pleated bow. Hope to have it soon. I believe it will be darker than the picture represents.
DarkOliveDec2010GaryWhite.jpg

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
That one looks nice, DRB. I myself are thinking about finding a green hat. Love the edge, too. Cavanagh, always beautiful. (small pet peeve of mine, no U in cavanagh! :p :eeek: [bad]lol:fing28:)

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Here is a peak at one that is being built by Gary White, just to keep things moving. Under construction. Dark Olive, Cavanaugh edge, 100% beaver. Ribbon: Black , 1 inch wide with a black, Hassidic, pleated bow. Hope to have it soon. I believe it will be darker than the picture represents.

That is a great shade of green -- and a black ribbon works very nicely against that color. Looking forward to seeing the final results!

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo