Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DRB

One Too Many
Aureliano, thanks for catching my mistake. I strive for perfection as others here do. You are correct, cavanagh is the correct spelling. I get confused sometimes having brain damage from the war. It doesn't help that the windows spell checker says it should be spelled with a U. Another idiosyncracy of the English language. (I think I just misspelled idiosyncracy:D ).

scooter

Practically Family
When told there is no "I" in team, Michael Jordan stared down the speaker and replied, "But there is an "I" in win, isn't there!" Not a huge fan, but you gotta love a good retort.

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Supposeably there is a difference..........

I hate that using those words wrong effects you. Are the affects long lasting?

I don't sweat it. It's just 6 of one or a dozen of the other.

Ha, he says writing "supposeably" instead of spelling it correctly as "supposedly"!

You guys are being kings of sarcasm today!

LOL

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
The September, Opus 9

I am happy to announce the arrival of my second hat from the venerable Art Fawcett... Sunset, 5 1/2" crown, 2 1/2" brim with a 3/8" ribbon binding. The ribbon's focal point is a series of 7 slanted pleats, which is a much harder feat to achieve than it appears. Much brainstorming was put into this design, both by myself and Art. He was finally able to make my vision come true. The color is for the most part, poorly represented by my camera. The ribbon is silver with mildly pronounced brown undertones. The lining is a rich dark purple, of Art's choosing.

I gave Art a fair amount of direction for this one, as I had a very specific vision in mind for its creation. I wanted a dressy, formal hat that was reminiscent of the 1920's; one that was simple, and served to display both Art's fine finishing skills, and his way with ribbon design. I think he nailed it. So, without further ado, I present The September, Opus 9...

Liner Shot

I think a simple center dent does it for this one.

Click the pictures for a larger image. I'll have more pictures posted in the Art Fawcett Hall of Fame sometime tonight or tomorrow.

I'm pretty tickled with this one, myself. What do you guys think?

Cheers,

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
fluteplayer07,

That is a very cool lid. Love the colors. That bash would look bad on me, but it is a good classic crease. Love that cool ribbon treatment.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The September, Opus 9

Click the pictures for a larger image. I'll have more pictures posted in the Art Fawcett Hall of Fame sometime tonight or tomorrow.

I'm pretty tickled with this one, myself. What do you guys think?

Cheers,

That is a beautiful hat and the center dent is perfect!

Last edited:

Yimmy

New in Town
Stetson Royal

Royal Stetson? Be gentle, I'm new.

My girlfriend found this for me this week. She's awesome.

It's darker than the image shows, by a little, with a nice clean center dent.

Half the reason she bought it was the purple lining. She'd never seen that before.

1156424383_xMxrh-M.jpg

1156430159_pbohK-M.jpg

1156424380_ytA9V-M.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy