Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

buler

I'll Lock Up
5769197882_df0859118d_b.jpg

More in the Panama Canal thread

Wowza!!!! That is spectacular Robert.

B

buler

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Stratoliner

Found this nearly mint camel colored Strat today. Nicest felt yet of the Strats I've found. More in the Stratoliner thread.

B

camel_strat_1-1.jpg

Achturn

New in Town
My uncle passed away recently (RIP), and when he did he left me his hats, a few Stetsons, a Knox, a Templeform, and a Christy's London.

This one's my favorite of the lot, and the only one that fit without needing to be stretched a bit
24y6z4x.jpg

scooter

Practically Family
Dang, Buler, I have searched hi and low for a Stratoliner and apparently they're growing on trees in your neck of the woods. I envy you!!

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Sorry to hear of your loss, Achturn, but I think your uncle (and many here in the Lounge) are glad to see the hats go to someone who appreciates them! They're nicer than any I have the privilege to own.

I did get to move my hat collection a little closer to the high quality of so many other Lounge hat wearers, without breaking my thrifty streak. While looking for shoes at a Bon-Ton store, a rack of hats caught my eye... including a few nice Dorfman Pacific Company straw hats. I test-wore one as I tried on shoes (who says men can't multitask? ;) ), and went home with something new for both head and feet.

I love the shape of it. Just enough brim, snap, and crown for me!
NewHat_05-29-11_img2.JPG

I like the hat pin, too.
NewHat_05-29-11_img1.JPG

On head, by candlelight after a weekend gathering.
NewHat_05-29-11_img3.JPG

-Steven

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Barclay Silver Silk/Angora Finish

Just picked this up a few minutes ago walking home from the Post Office. Art-istic ribbon treatment.

5790874507_a924e5823d_b.jpg

5791436494_dd6515e894_z.jpg
5790879047_8af4c037ee_z.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
As in picked it up on the side of the road? I walk to the PO all the time and never find anything like this!

No, I had to walk a few steps inside the store which I had to pass by anyway. Usually few hats and of mediocre quality. They also had a 7-5/8 Optimo Milan which is supposed to be on ebay now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn