Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
5795287838_103f0a5524_b.jpg

Splendid, Robert! Remarkably pristine condition, and I love the rake of the ribbon bow.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
but that's not a top hat :)

My recollection seems to be failing me, but I'm standing by "seldom seen" for the crest. Great hats, the both of them.

MCrider

A-List Customer
New (to me) Stetson

Below is my newest acquisition. Now normally I don't post new hats here, but this one is special.

Why is is special you ask? Well, I'll tell you...
First of all, the brim is all wrong. It's almost 2 and 3/4 inches wide. I like em 2 1/2" at most. It's a bound brim and I like raw edged brims. A bound brim is just too formal to me. And the black ribbon with a tan colored bound brim just clashes if you ask me. So again, why is this hat special???

Because even though it's totally wrong for me and something I definitely wouldn't wear... I've been wearing the heck out of this hat! There's just something about it that I like, and no I don't know what it is either. All I can say is that it's probably a mid 70's Stetson with no ID and a dark brown sweat with Royal Stetson embossed in it and I like it!

rlk

I'll Lock Up
7-3/8 Duo

Dobbs Hanover Square
5797405631_010f69b3c9_b.jpg

5797407937_1effd685c7_z.jpg
5797349573_af793dca4c_z.jpg

Big proportions and on the large end of its size.

Light-Lee
5797924984_4a61836305_b.jpg

5797367063_a15d4f0071_z.jpg
5797927390_74f35eb675_z.jpg

5797364479_8bfe579911_z.jpg

Silver Label with felted welt "Cav-edge". Not a light weight felt. Could use a re-block.

Guess which hat was on top.
5793624047_dc68c5a96f_z.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Eleganter Sporthut

This pretty old hat came to me via RobStC. It's a 1920's longhair fedora from Germany or Austria. There is no liner and I can't say if there ever was. The felt color is taupe (somewhat hard to capture with a camera), the ribbon is brown. The hat has quiet a lot of moth marks, most notably at the top of the crown, at the base of the ribbon and at the underside of the brim. Well, let's just call it character, shall we? ;)

Size: 55cm (fits like a roomy 6 7/8)
Crown (creased): 4 3/4"
Brim (unfinished): 2 1/8"
Ribbon: 2 3/4"

Lovely felt. It's one of those hats you want to stroke and pet all the time... :eeek:

BTW: No diamond crease this time - I chose to go with a center dent instead. ;)

Eleganter-Sporthut.jpg

Last edited:

T Rick

Practically Family
Mario, that is an awesome hat!

Got my first Beret this week, the Boinas Elósegui Super Lujo from Ron Greer. It's 12.25 inches, on the larger side, but I think it'll be interesting to wear (wore it today for the first time, got a few funny looks, plus one of a pair of Women entering a restaurant I was leaving stopped and turned around to tell me she really loved my hat).

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Nice soft heavy wool, it's very comfortable. I think it will be even more so after a bit of "break in" noggin time.

scooter

Practically Family
not a look I could pull off but it looks good on you. you have to wonder what was the inspiration behind some of the worlds hats. for instance your beret or those little hats that the afghans wear. they don't serve the same purpose that we normally associate with hats or so it seems.

Buffalo fleas

Found two western NY hats in my flea market travels today... both fill an empty spot in my hat collection:

Mallory Ten (my first) sold by the E.J. Beardsley Co. in Batavia, NY:

mallory5.jpg

mallory4.jpg

embroidered silk liner:

mallory2.jpg

Nice old boater sold by the historic Kleinhans Company - once one of the largest mens stores in the country:

boater3.jpg

wind trolley:

boater4.jpg

boater2.jpg

I was surprised how nice this feels on the head.

boater1.jpg

Last edited:

T Rick

Practically Family
Great finds Alan! So far, my antique mall hunts (in several States) have proved fruitless, but that won't stop me from continuing the effort.

That Mallory is outstanding, and WRT Boaters, not my cup of tea, but you wear it well.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Mario - the Sporthut looks fantastic and the centre crease sets it off nicely.

T-Rick - hmm, the beret does look rather good on you.

Alan - nice finds. The Mallory in particular is a super hat.

Thanks T Rick and DJH. I am out of practice with the fleas... we were regulars, but scaled back after our kids were born. This was a first trip back in many years to an old haunt. Those hats were sitting there waiting for some love.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails