Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Eleganter Sporthut

This pretty old hat came to me via RobStC. It's a 1920's longhair fedora from Germany or Austria. There is no liner and I can't say if there ever was. The felt color is taupe (somewhat hard to capture with a camera), the ribbon is brown. The hat has quiet a lot of moth marks, most notably at the top of the crown, at the base of the ribbon and at the underside of the brim. Well, let's just call it character, shall we? ;)

Size: 55cm (fits like a roomy 6 7/8)
Crown (creased): 4 3/4"
Brim (unfinished): 2 1/8"
Ribbon: 2 3/4"

Lovely felt. It's one of those hats you want to stroke and pet all the time... :eeek:

BTW: No diamond crease this time - I chose to go with a center dent instead. ;)

Sorry hear the moth issues proved extensive but that is still one great hut!

gioflo

New in Town
Hi everyone!

This is my first post and I would like to share my "newish" hat. Any type of feedback/comments and/or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Gio

IMG_1466.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1465.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

mercuryfelt76

One of the Regulars
Hi everyone!

This is my first post and I would like to share my "newish" hat. Any type of feedback/comments and/or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Gio

IMG_1466.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_1465.jpg
[/IMG]

Lovely hat, great colour (is that silverbelly?) Looks really good on you. What make is it? Any chance of some pictures of the inside too?

Iwan Plomp

New in Town
Dobbs Hanover Square
5797405631_010f69b3c9_b.jpg

5797407937_1effd685c7_z.jpg
5797349573_af793dca4c_z.jpg

Big proportions and on the large end of its size.

Light-Lee
5797924984_4a61836305_b.jpg

5797367063_a15d4f0071_z.jpg
5797927390_74f35eb675_z.jpg

5797364479_8bfe579911_z.jpg

Silver Label with felted welt "Cav-edge". Not a light weight felt. Could use a re-block.

Guess which hat was on top.
5793624047_dc68c5a96f_z.jpg

Just a mustache looks very good. nice hats. where do you all get them. Kind regards. Iwan Plomp

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Good move, Mario. I tried (lightly!) alternative bashes, but it just naturally wanted a centre dent - and I think it works best for this sort of hat anyway!:)

Enjoy,
RobStC

I tried to put in a diamond first but with that crease the crown height sunk below my prefered minimum. And the good thing is that the center dent leaves me with a slight yet nice reverse taper. ;)

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

Thats a beautiful early Stetson bowler, Robert! The bow work is wonderful and I love how the bow is positioned farther back on the hat. I know Ive seen an early Stetson advertisement that shows a bowler with a bow further back like this one, but I cant find the advertisement. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Henry Gondorff

A-List Customer
Ok guys, here are some photos of my newest hat. It is a completely hand made "Temple" Fedora, made by adVintage FedoraHatters, a small company in Germany. The resemblance to the hat Harrison Ford wore in "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" is uncanny and wanted... It is custom made - pretty pricey, but I think it was worth it...

Temple1.jpg

Temple2.jpg

PICT0123.jpg

PICT0129.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Found two western NY hats in my flea market travels today... both fill an empty spot in my hat collection:
mallory5.jpg

boater3.jpg

Those were FLEA MARKET FINDS!!?? Now, those would be two amazing hats to find at an antique mall, let alone a flea market. Awesome finds, Alan!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

delectans

Call Me a Cab

Welcome, Gio! The hat looks very good on you, and I like the tall crown. Hat details?

My Akubra Camp Draft Silver belly
img4083x.jpg

Very nice! Congrats, and welcome to the lounge, Iwan Plomp.

Ok guys, here are some photos of my newest hat. It is a completely hand made "Temple" Fedora, made by adVintage FedoraHatters, a small company in Germany.
Temple2.jpg

Beautiful hat, and a hearty welcome to the lounge, Henry Gondorff. You have already posted a few very nice lids!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner