Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
I've just received a two-toned, Biltmore milan from Hatsdujour, an Ebay vendor:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Biltmore-Natura...496781302?pt=US_Hats&var=&hash=item9503945dcd
The international shipping was really quick. The hat is very nice: 2 1/8 brim, crown not too skimpy, and the milan braid is far, far finer than the modern Dobbs I have. It is almost vintage 1960s fine. It also has a real lether sweatband. I'm very happy with the hat and impressed with the quick shipping.:)

Jauntyone, you wear the 1960s as if you'd been there. I always enjoy your pictures and your outfits. Thanks for posting.

best,
Alan

Royal Stetson Playboy

Color was very hard to capture with my Canon point and shoot... it's a loden green with copper colored ribbon. Very clean example, soft felt of fair quality. An interesting comparison to my earlier playboy which, in it's modest unstructured style, is sublime. The later version is sublime minus, I would say.

playboy1.jpg

playboy2.jpg

playboy4.jpg

playboy3.jpg

playboy5.jpg

playboy6.jpg

Last edited:

djd

Practically Family
Thanks chaps! I do have a French surname so maybe it's some natural instinct asserting itself... At least I fought off the urge to put onions around my neck.... :)

RichardH

One of the Regulars
I've just received a two-toned, Biltmore milan from Hatsdujour, an Ebay vendor:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Biltmore-Natura...496781302?pt=US_Hats&var=&hash=item9503945dcd
The international shipping was really quick. The hat is very nice: 2 1/8 brim, crown not too skimpy, and the milan braid is far, far finer than the modern Dobbs I have. It is almost vintage 1960s fine. It also has a real lether sweatband. I'm very happy with the hat and impressed with the quick shipping.:)
IMG_8497.jpg

IMG_8498.jpg

IMG_8499.jpg

IMG_8505.jpg

IMG_8506.jpg

Très bien! That is a very nice hat sir!

navarre

Vendor
Best new hat postings in months. Everybody always seams so serious and straight faced.

DJD and Jauntyone both look happy as a clams in dirt, good form fellas.

Last edited:

djd

Practically Family
Yes. Have really got into scarves and cravats recently. I think it's a great way of giving a vintage feel to a non vintage outfit :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ