Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

T Rick

Practically Family
Great hat Terry, and it looks great with the suit! Guessing that is Silver Belly, and am looking forward to one coming to my home this week (the Heritage felt made for Hats Direct at the behest of Lounge Folk here). I was surprised actually, at how good it looked with your suit! (Always thought them more of a casual hat, but you've shown us it has a wider range than that).

Back in May, I picked up a nice condition brown Stetson of undetermined vintage (I'm thinking 1950's, do the size tag and logo stamp support that?) and model and mentioned it here. Got home a couple weeks ago, and haven't posted it yet. Here are some pics I shot earlier tonight....

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

The "diamond" bash that's in it now isn't very tight, this will be my first attempt at using steam, going to try to tighten up the diamond a bit (it was really a cross between a diamond and a C crown when I got it, and I've just tweaked it a bit more towards diamond by hand so far). I think it'll look great with a crisper diamond, I like the front and side profiles just how they are now.

Last edited:

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
Old Penney's Marathon

I picked this up off Etsy for $8 and was taking a chance because it was badly deformed, advertised as a woman's hat and had a dirty orange colored, but original hat band. The brim binding has several places where there is some rust color staining that I can't seem to get out but they not too noticeable unless you look for them. I mat try dyeing the binding to hide the stains. It has no liner but the sweat is still in good shape and the Penney's stamp looks to me to be a 30's style but I'm only guessing on that. It appears to have had a factory crease in it originally and I was able to bring it back with little effort. I replaced the band with some ribbon stock that I have and I'm happy with the way it turned out. Fits me perfectly and has a soft feel to the very lightweight felt.
100_0263.jpg
penney3.jpg

Brando11

A-List Customer
Great looking Stetson, T Rick- You wear it well!

-Brando

Great hat Terry, and it looks great with the suit! Guessing that is Silver Belly, and am looking forward to one coming to my home this week (the Heritage felt made for Hats Direct at the behest of Lounge Folk here). I was surprised actually, at how good it looked with your suit! (Always thought them more of a casual hat, but you've shown us it has a wider range than that).

Back in May, I picked up a nice condition brown Stetson of undetermined vintage (I'm thinking 1950's, do the size tag and logo stamp support that?) and model and mentioned it here. Got home a couple weeks ago, and haven't posted it yet. Here are some pics I shot earlier tonight....

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

The "diamond" bash that's in it now isn't very tight, this will be my first attempt at using steam, going to try to tighten up the diamond a bit (it was really a cross between a diamond and a C crown when I got it, and I've just tweaked it a bit more towards diamond by hand so far). I think it'll look great with a crisper diamond, I like the front and side profiles just how they are now.

I picked this up off Etsy for $8 and was taking a chance because it was badly deformed, advertised as a woman's hat and had a dirty orange colored, but original hat band. The brim binding has several places where there is some rust color staining that I can't seem to get out but they not too noticeable unless you look for them. I mat try dyeing the binding to hide the stains. It has no liner but the sweat is still in good shape and the Penney's stamp looks to me to be a 30's style but I'm only guessing on that. It appears to have had a factory crease in it originally and I was able to bring it back with little effort. I replaced the band with some ribbon stock that I have and I'm happy with the way it turned out. Fits me perfectly and has a soft feel to the very lightweight felt.
100_0263.jpg
penney3.jpg

Nice Marathon, Red.

Justin B

One Too Many
Just got this one in the mail. $35 shipped with the original box. One small spot on the edge binding and sweat staining on the liner, but perfect otherwise. and it fits nice too.

5830359910_ca1850c645_m.jpg

5829802277_091c19bd98_m.jpg

5829802811_45dda80203_m.jpg

5829803529_fccf275989_m.jpg

5830352628_687784d548_m.jpg

5830353416_bf421f4504_m.jpg

5830354212_f79b0d245a_m.jpg

5830355062_b38ec54abd_m.jpg

TCMfan25

Practically Family
Just won buler's Lock and Co. Boater off the bay! Looks beautiful, can't wait for it to come in! Thanks for posting it up buler!

Last edited:

new2hats

A-List Customer
New summer hat. I know its a basic hat, but love it! I ordered more panamas too!

photostream

Last edited:

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
From Tumwater on Monday

Tony sent me this on Saturday and it arrived on Monday. I don't know what Tony does when he pounces his hats, but they have a great "hand". They are soft, easy to shape, and hold their shape. I now have four.
GEDC0230.jpg

GEDC0229.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats-- that's a beauty! What are the dimensions, if I may ask?

Glad to hear you like it.

That hat was blocked on a 6-inch-tall (or so the base says; it's actually a whisker taller than that) size 7 3/4 (Kilo November has a big noggin) No. 52 block. I used all the block's height. The brim is about 2 1/2 inches, as I recall. It's bound in a vintage U.S. Character brand 9-ligne ribbon in a color called Limestone. The band ribbon is some 22-ligne stuff whose provenance is unknown to me, as I don't have the original spool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner