Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
pw032-2.jpg

Wekony the Hatter.

That is delicious felt, Perry!

Just picked this up a few minutes ago walking home from the Post Office. Art-istic ribbon treatment.

5791436494_dd6515e894_z.jpg

Great hat, Robert! Liner crest looks to be the same as the crest on my Beverly Hills Deluxe Quality:

Seth Hawkins

One of the Regulars
My New Hats and Hat Chest

Thought I'd snap a few quick pics of my "hat chest" filled with my new hats.

Converted D-Bar-J western and an Akubra Federation IV Imperial grade
DSCF4089.jpg

DSCF4104.jpg

Top Row: Akubra Federation IV Heritage grade in Dark Brown, Moonstone and Heritage Fawn
Middle Row: Akubra Camp Draft Imperial grade in Bluegrass Green and Taupe Fawn
Bottom Row: Beaver Brand Heritage grade in Coffee, Banker Gray and Fawn

DSCF4102.jpg

A new addition to the family - an Akubra Camp Draft Heritage grade in Silver Belly - is expected any day now.

SgtRick

One of the Regulars
Thought I'd snap a few quick pics of my "hat chest" filled with my new hats.

Converted D-Bar-J western and an Akubra Federation IV Imperial grade
DSCF4089.jpg

DSCF4104.jpg

Top Row: Akubra Federation IV Heritage grade in Dark Brown, Moonstone and Heritage Fawn
Middle Row: Akubra Camp Draft Imperial grade in Bluegrass Green and Taupe Fawn
Bottom Row: Beaver Brand Heritage grade in Coffee, Banker Gray and Fawn

DSCF4102.jpg

A new addition to the family - an Akubra Camp Draft Heritage grade in Silver Belly - is expected any day now.

Now that is sharp! I really do like that set up. Great display and very nice selection of hats as well.

T Rick

Practically Family
Seth Hawkins said:

So where ya' gonna put it? :p

Kidding, great looking hats and a great idea for proper (and accessible!) storage. Are the drawers deep enough to take more high crowned hats (like the new Camp Draft)?

Seth Hawkins

One of the Regulars
The Fawn Camp Draft is my beater. It will be replaced by the Silver Belly Camp Draft when it arrives. The Fawn CD will displace the D-Bar-J conversion on top of the chest. The two lower drawers will accommodate low crown hats without stands. I use the thinner top drawer to store my hat brushes, sizing felts, sponges, etc.. This chest is nearly 6' tall. At 5'-10", I can just see into the top drawer. LOL. I had to remove two vertical wood supports from the bottom shelf area to give the BB's some room to breathe. The first pic shows the color of the chest more accurately. The bottom pics shows the hat colors more accurately.

The BB hats are very nice hats. The felt is tighter, thinner and lighter than the Akubras. I love my Akubras, and wouldn't trade them for anything. They are an excellent hat for the money. But the BB's are great hats, too. I have no regrets with buying either brand. The BB Fawn is probably my favourite. The felt & ribbon color combo makes for a great hat that goes with pretty much anything in my closet - dressy to casual. The 3 BB's are The Fedora Store Signature Teardrop with 2.5" bound brims with matching ribbons.

The 3 Fed IV Heritage and the Fawn CD hats came from Hats Direct down under. What can I say about them that hasn't already been said? They are great folks, especially Jenny, who answered my questions and took my order. They shipped the same day I ordered them, and I had them in my hands in less than a week! Akubra's sweats are the best I've encountered - very supple. I'm not sure what critter donated them, but I wish all my hats had sweats like theirs. The BG CD and the Fed IV Imperial were purchased used from a fellow Lounger.

I bought the Beaver Brand hats from Duane @ The Fedora Store. He's a great guy to do business with who still understands what customer service is all about. He was very patient and answered all of my questions - and believe me, I had a lot! There's not much info out there as far as customer reviews of the BB hats, and those I did find were mixed. Again, I have no regrets buying them. They are an excellent hat and would recommend them - and The Fedora Store - to anyone.

I've never handled a beaver fur hat, a vintage hat, or a hat from any of the custom guys like Art or Major Mike, so I can't compare them to a "premium" hat, but I don't think these hats would have to apologize to any one. I'm proud to have each of them in my modest collection.

Thanks to all for the compliments.

Seth Hawkins

One of the Regulars
Nice Akubras Seth, but I really like the look of your Banker Gray Beaver Brand hat.

Thanks. The color is nothing like what you see on the BB or The Fedora Store Web sites. It's a very nice light gray. When buying the BB hats, I tried to go with felt and ribbon colors that I thought would work as either casual or dressy. This is where Duane @ The Fedora Store really helped. I think we did OK.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Early 20th Cent. Stetson Derby

5795287838_103f0a5524_b.jpg

5794731911_937e9f2276_z.jpg
5795277810_e4571048c5_z.jpg
5795303740_069367ac55_z.jpg
5794733491_c652f4ae4f_z.jpg
5794728477_1f8a8d2af6_z.jpg

Lightweight with vent holes and rear quarter panel bow.

Came in this Stetson Privateer Box:
5794735283_c1944b413a_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred