Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Looks good Scion...You realize it's spring on the other side of the equator...So get ordering and play dumb..."but honey...you said next spring...well it's spring in Ecuador..."...:D

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the comments, fellas. Indycop, I've started playing with the brim a bit more. I definitely like how Brett at B! Wear puts the wire in the brim, that really makes it easy to work with and position it any way.

Viper Man

Banned
ScionPI2005 said:
This is a new B! Wear cap I received in the mail just yesterday. This is "supposed" to be my last hat purchase until at least next spring...we'll see how that goes...

b_wear_gray_1.jpg

Cool cap, Scion. Out of curiosity, what is the wait time like for a B!Wear?

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Viper Man said:
Cool cap, Scion. Out of curiosity, what is the wait time like for a B!Wear?

The wait time doesn't seem to be bad at all. I waited just over a week, and I thought I read somewhere on the forums here that someone got theirs in three days. Definitely doesn't seem to take long.

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
lincoln1965 said:
Colbyjack,

Sweet looking hat! How do you find such beauties?
Thanks Lincoln!...As Rusty said...just blessed!:D ...but really...Check out Hats Direct...Get yourself a Camp Draft...they just fit so well!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Holy Smokes, it's raining Sovereigns around here! :D

GWD -- that is a great looking lid, and looks great on you. Looks like an older one, too. Congrats! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
The sweat on your lid appears to be black -- is it?

It is indeed a black sweat. Were they using those in 1960? I had always thought they came in sometime in the middle of that decade. Still, I like that "The Candidate" and it somehow seems appropriate given that this is an election year.

jimmy the lid said:
Also, if you get a chance, could you post a photo of the logo on the liner?

Cheers,
JtL

I tried several times to get a good shot of the logo on the liner, but between glare off the cellophane and the tarnish on the gold gilt, I couldn't get it to show up. I shall try to describe it however: It has a coat of arms in the middle with a rampant beaver on the left side and some kind of bird with its wings outstretched on the right. Both animals face in toward the coat of arms. It has the word "Stetson" in large-and-small caps beneath the device and the whole thing is surrounded by a circle about 2 inches in diameter. The coat-of-arms-and-animals device is the same as what is stamped on the sweat, but the circle is fancier and doesn't say "3X Beaver Quality" above, or "John B. Stetson Company" below.

Hope that helps?

-Dave

ken100

Familiar Face
Hi all

Just joined, wanted to know if my post and avatar are working, loving the hat forum, hope to have pics of some of my hats at some stage soon.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
ken100 said:
Just joined, wanted to know if my post and avatar are working, loving the hat forum, hope to have pics of some of my hats at some stage soon.
Welcome to the Lounge, ken100. Your post and avatar are working just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner