Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
P1020719.JPG
P1020720.JPG

Another corker! And from the old Country.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
+2. Very cool, very sharp looking nutria (!) bowler.

I just received this Biltmore Milan in the mail. The auction photos made it seem larger in both crown and brim, and a lighter sage color. Come to think of it, my first photo below also does the same... It seems much smaller and more emerald in person, but I think I like the combination with the brown ribbon. Doesn't appear to have been used ever, and the straw is crunchier than my other Milans. I wonder if it isn't genuine. Definitely does not have the character of the Pennys Marathon I was wearing earlier today (thanks for those comments!) and both of those pale in comparison to my Dobbs. I'll give it a chance and see how it resonates. I'll bet the wifey will appreciate the smaller stature in comparison to my other hats.

0182copy.jpg

noggin:
025copy2.jpg

My Milans for color/quality comparison (L to R: Biltmore, Pennys, Dobbs):
braidedgreenvariations0.jpg

and now with my treasured Target hat that is constructed like a dish rag. There's something I like about its color and specs, though, and one day I'd love to get a "real" version made.
braidedgreenvariations0.jpg

Last edited:

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I finally got my first Vtg Stetson Stratoliner in a size 7 3/8! Its like a blue/gray with a 2 5/8 brim. Love the color.

DSC03701.jpg

DSC03714.jpg

DSC03705.jpg

DSC03708.jpg

DSC03706.jpg

DSC03707.jpg

These last two picks shows that its the original box, from Shulman & Co. Norfolk, VA.
DSC03712.jpg

DSC03716.jpg

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Been too busy to pop in lately, but the newest addition to my collection arrived yesterday, a Federation IV in moonstone, so I thought I’d share a pic. Wasn’t sure what I’d think about a dimensional, non-snap brim, but this hat is really OK.

AkubraFederationIV.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany