Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
David, nice-looking 'burg, there! and Robert, sheesh. Where do you find them? (I know: you're not talkin') I believe each and every one of those 6 X's. What a color!

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I am proud (or ashamed) to say that I bought two new hats!

One black homburg made by AKUBRA. Rabbit felt:

NewHat2.jpg

One medium-brown tilby made by Fayrefield, a compay I've never heard of before. But it's rabbit felt like the other one:

NewHat1.jpg

I bought them for $20 each at the local thrift-shop and they fit me perfectly. The Fayrefield, as you may notice, requires a good brushing. I photographed the hats the moment I got them home, sans brushing.

...So. Opinions.

Shangas buy good?

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
couple of nice black homburgs showing up lately, among other things. I've been curious to see one of those Akubra homburgs, and it looks nice from the photo. How is the felt?

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I'm not sure how old it is, but it hasn't been worn much. The felt is very smooth and clean. Rather firm and with a minimum of fuzz. According to the label inside the sweatband, it's a size 7. I'm wearing it as I type this, and it's very comfortable.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Wow, great finds Gentleman, The Borsalino ist Fantastic Robert. Super the Akubra Homburg, very fine Hat.

Today I was back at the flea market where I could make for 4 EUR, two bargain
a Dobbs Fifteen in Color Haselnuss/Hazelnut, exellent contition.
dobbsfifteen.jpg

dobbsfifteen1.jpg

dobbsfifteen2.jpg

dobbsfifteen3.jpg

dobbsfifteen4.jpg

dobbsfifteen5.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Wow, great finds Gentleman, The Borsalino ist Fantastic Robert. Super the Akubra Homburg, very fine Hat.

Today I was back at the flea market where I could make for 4 EUR, two bargain
a Dobbs Fifteen in Color Haselnuss/Hazelnut, exellent contition.
dobbsfifteen.jpg

dobbsfifteen1.jpg

dobbsfifteen2.jpg

dobbsfifteen3.jpg

dobbsfifteen4.jpg

dobbsfifteen5.jpg
The color of the hazelnut is amazing, very nice. Great find!

EggHead

Practically Family
When I placed the order with EA, I wrote in the comment section for the brim to be cut to 2 1/2. EA sent my request to Akubra with the order.

I wanted to ask the brim being only 2 1/2, did you have to personally do that or did they allow you to order that size brim? Very sharp hat, wish I had one just like it.

DRB

One Too Many
Here are some pictures of a Silver Gray Western that I made myself. 100% beaver. I really like it!
Sept2120112a.jpg

Sept262011SilverGray6a.jpg

Sept262011SilverGray5a.jpg

Sept262011SilverGray2a.jpg

And here is one I made special for my daughter:
Sept2020112a-1-2.jpg

Sorry to have been absent. I have been pretty busy learning how to make hats. I have gotten the fedora bug so bad that I have taken it to the next level. Nice to see you guys again....Dennis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland