Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vfan1983

New in Town
I've got a couple of new hats to post. First is a Mallory Fifth Ave homburg, which I actually posted in the Mallory thread, but I don't know how many people read that so I figured I'd post it again:

103_0324.jpg

103_0325.jpg

And my new Disney Hats pork pie which just arrived today. I like it a lot, though it is a slightly snug fit. I can't find much info on Disney Hats at all, so any help dating it would be greatly appreciated. Pics:

103_0331.jpg

Back view (ribbon is facing back of hat):

103_0332.jpg

Liner, size tag, etc.:

103_0335.jpg

103_0337.jpg

103_0339.jpg

Thanks! I can't see where the binding is stitched on the top so it must be looped over. I don't think you would see this type of binding work being done today. :)

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! I can't see where the binding is stitched on the top so it must be looped over. I don't think you would see this type of binding work being done today. :)

I have a couple old Borsalinos finished that way. The ribbon does not actually bind the edge as we normally see. The ribbon is folded back (possibly around a soft reed of some sort), butted up against the edge, and then sown into place against the underside of the brim. I love that look, especially with a single row of stitching.

Last edited:
Aureliano, Your latest Optimo is a real beauty! The ribbon and felt color combo is a real winner! Thank you for showing the Optimo brim stitching example.

Zetwal, I might also have some Borsalinos with similar binding treatment. I think you are correct about a reed but like you I am not willing to investigate. :)

jwalls

Vendor
011.JPG

I though this one came out well. The customer is not a Lounger so I'll post it here!
The "SILVER JACK" Silver mist body with silver ribbon and binding.:cool:
6" 51 block 2-5/8" brim

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore