Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
My best, belated birthday wishes to you as well, Jeff! May you and your family enjoy countless more happy, joyous, and hatted ones together!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks so much, David and Al!

Please allow me to introduce my newly arrived Royal Stetson. So far there seems to be something very special about this hat. I've only snapped this one photo so far, but plan on posting more detailed ones this week.

006copy.jpg

This Dobbs unexpectedly arrived in the same box.

dobbsflatcapcopy.jpg

I hope it was intentional, because I think I kinda like it.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Today i visited a flea market in Bochum, the weather was very bad, stormy and raining.
The hope anything to find was zero.
The last one, I saw two hats are what you believe I have
of course purchased.

The first a Mayser Trachten Hat, very good condition.

mayserdreispitz.jpg

mayserdreispitz1.jpg

mayserdreispitz2.jpg

mayserdreispitz3.jpg

P1030322.JPG

Perhaps this was preserved in mud. Looked black in the photos but might actually be Camel colored. These images are after vacuuming. Lining was bright gold silk. Paper towel shows a light swipe with some Naptha. Any cleaning suggestions? No leather parts on the body, but the bill might be under the fabric covering. Weighs an amazing 260 grams( 9 oz.).

9 ounces?! That's huge. I pulled out my heaviest - a Ukrainian mink - hat to compare... it weighs 8 ounces. Wonder what it will weigh after cleaning. It looks quite nice on.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Robert, your hat collection is sublime.

+1. The eggplant is truly an example of a color that would not be front and center in a hat purchase for me, but now I am considering how it might compliment a blue blazer and charcoal slacks. RLK, never stop showcasing your unique finds sir. I enjoy seeing you wear them with flair. Cheers your direction.

Eric -

Knox 20 Westlite

O.P.S. era Westlite. My respect for the Knox 20 is reinforced by this excellent model. Softer than the Stetson 7XCB with a similar fine finish.

westlite1.jpg

westlite2.jpg

westlite3.jpg

Logo crest is imprinted on the paper liner protector.

westlite4.jpg

westlite5.jpg

Two Depression Era time capsule hats - Stetson No.1 Quality western

1930s Black western, size 6 3/4. This has been worn, but hardly.

minino1_4.jpg

minino1_1.jpg

Here, with its twin in size 7.

minino1_2.jpg

minino1_3.jpg

minino1_7.jpg

minino1_5.jpg

Last edited:
Two Depression Era time capsule hats - Stetson No.1 Quality campaign hat

Sorry for the color discrepancy in these shots - taken outside and inside, with different cameras.

campaign2.jpg

campaign1.jpg

campaign5.jpg

campaign3.jpg

campaign4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara