Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Sorry for the color discrepancy in these shots - taken outside and inside, with different cameras.

campaign2.jpg

campaign1.jpg

campaign5.jpg

campaign3.jpg

campaign4.jpg
Interesting cord on that Campaign hat. Do you have any provemance for it ? here's a link to pics of that address today:

http://dallas.eater.com/archives/categories/downtown.php

Interesting cord on that Campaign hat. Do you have any provemance for it ? here's a link to pics of that address today:

http://dallas.eater.com/archives/categories/downtown.php

No known provenance, nor do I know anything about this type of hat, other than what I remember from Sgt. Preston. The bright element in the cord glows as if metallic in some areas. The acorns appear to be a fibrous material (perhaps horsehair) overpainted. The brim is formed to be flat and stiff, but overall the felt is quite light. Judging from the condition, it must have been a very short campaign for the original owner.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
No known provenance, nor do I know anything about this type of hat, other than what I remember from Sgt. Preston. The bright element in the cord glows as if metallic in some areas. The acorns appear to be a fibrous material (perhaps horsehair) overpainted. The brim is formed to be flat and stiff, but overall the felt is quite light. Judging from the condition, it must have been a very short campaign for the original owner.

From the oil/sweat stain on the chin strap looks like it was a DI's cover, either Marines or Army as they wore the chin strap at the back of the neck. ( at least mine did back in basic :) ) , But then he might have been an officer, either way it's a nice one :)

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
My latest, a Resistol Pacesetter w/ 2 1/8" bound brim. The color is a little off:

Resistol_PS_01-1.jpg

Resistol_PS_02.jpg

And this is the pic the seller posted:

Resistol_Pacesetter-2.jpg

It fits well and firmly, and after brushing, bashing into a diamond with dome, and a little brim shaping, it's a great hat. Resistols were the true values in fedoras back in their heyday, huh?

Last edited:
Will do. This one fits perfectly, though I'm not sure whether to wear the strap fore or aft. It is not very comfortable with the strap tucked inside the crown. :eusa_doh:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
That's a really neat piece, Alan. Nice find!

Some photos of my new steel grey Royal Stetson. Any input on the vintage would be appreciated. I usually guess based on font and feel, but have no solid approach for determining era. My guess is late 50s/early 60s on this one. The crown is relatively low and the brim is an even 2".

004copyc.jpg

008copyu.jpg

005copyb.jpg

The dimensions are identical to my lighter grey Dobbs http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...earing-Today&p=1355937&viewfull=1#post1355937, but the Dobbs has the felted edge and wider ribbon, and I think I like the finish better on the Dobbs. Still this Stetson just feels right on my head.

Last edited:

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dobbs Leisure-Lite
A wonderfully comfortable hat. Easily creased in any way desired with few ghost lines. It is not light weight but it certainly behaves like one. Softer crown stiffer brim.

DSCN0703.jpg

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks gents but truly, there far better dressed members here than I. I do enjoy wearing items that match so to balance the hat I am wearing a brown belt and shoes that are in a similar shade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou