Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Well, I can't compare to the amazing white/cream hats of the last 2 pages... but I'm still pretty thrilled with my latest cap addition! A friend who works as a Philadelphia transit operator gave it to me. He received a box of uniform caps that his employer, Southeastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority, used in the 1980s and 1990s. It looks to be brand new, and I added my homemade clay reproduction SEPTA badge to it.

cap_SEPTA.JPG

Inside: very comfortable, and it seems odd that it has both the newer-style area code and the old-style alphanumeric way of writing the telephone number. I also keep a piece of relevant transit memorabilia in each of my trolley museum caps, such as a ticket, token, or in this case, a transfer ticket.
cap_SEPTA_inside.JPG

-Steven

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Thank you all for your kind words.

P1030578.JPG

FANTASTIC, Robert!!!! The color is just incredible. I am surprised that the felt isn't lightweight. I was expecting it to be considering the hat has a printed crown tip verses a liner. Must have just been a styling aspect or possibly a price aspect.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Got this one from Baron Kurtz.

It's a vintage 1930s flat front cap made in England for 'Saks Fifth Avenue'. Note the princely sum (for the era): $5.

IMG_4521.jpg

IMG_4519.jpg

IMG_4531.jpg

IMG_4533.jpg

IMG_4525.jpg

IMG_4526.jpg

IMG_4528.jpg

IMG_4529.jpg

A trio of identically-cut (flat-top) caps were sold at a John Wayne memorabilia auction recently:

lf.jpg

And in this 1936 advertisement, the fashion plate is wearing this kind of cap:

December08002.jpg

Last edited:

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
A couple of Borsalinos I bought in Roma. Inside details in the Brotherhood thread.

A great mint, un-reeded, liner-less "Rollable" (Had been in the box for who knows how long) took several hours in the block to remove the crease marks.

L.jpg

M.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

And this other beauty:

J.jpg

K.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I got this Borso in a trade with another fine lounger. It was pretty dirty, the felt was very wavy at the sweatband, and the ribbon came separately (all of which I knew before-hand so definitely no dig implied), but I got it cleaned up decently and reinstalled the ribbon. It was a good nights work but a labor of love.
e987d2bd.jpg

d6534564.jpg

9216c48c.jpg

f99907c6.jpg

More pics in the Borsalino Brotherhood thread.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Here is a Borsalino Alessandria I received yesterday. It is too big at 7 1/2 so it is already moving on to another lounger who was kind enough to hook me up with a beauty. This one is actually a dark green.
e831c36c.jpg

ec453826.jpg

eec53b45.jpg

3146a27c.jpg

elvisroe

A-List Customer
Hey lads, it's been a while since I bought a new lid but it was worth the wait! The lovely ladies at the Hattery (hatsdirect.com) hooked me up with a sweet Burnt Oak Akubra Fedora....

photo-1-1.jpg

scooter

Practically Family
Oh wow, Mike, I wish i had known you had that Borso and were looking to move it. I have been searching and searching for one and would surely have tried to work a deal with you. OH well, there'll be another eventually!

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Oh wow, Mike, I wish i had known you had that Borso and were looking to move it. I have been searching and searching for one and would surely have tried to work a deal with you. OH well, there'll be another eventually!
I'm sorry :( I had that one ear-marked for another lounger who was looking for a 7 1/2 for a family member - the lounger that just hooked me up with my Borso Rollable. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW