Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Straw Whippet from the Resistol Outlet. Figured I better get one since there were only two left there and they appear to have been discontinued. This is a very nice straw hat from Stetson.
Photo263.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Straw Whippet from the Resistol Outlet. Figured I better get one since there were only two left there and they appear to have been discontinued. This is a very nice straw hat from Stetson.
I have one and I love it. It gets a bunch of wear.

jbucklin

Practically Family
I have one of the modern felt Whippets as well. And what I'm wondering is why couldn't the felt version have the crown height of the straw version?

New Borsalino Pocket Hat 1954?

A lucky find during a late night stumble through ebay. This is a rollable that is meant to rock and roll.

pocket1.jpg

Year of birth? It is mine. manufacturing label is without borsalino on the side. Palladio/Ecosan

pocket2.jpg

There was a strip of thin blotter paper placed between the fabric sweat and moisture barrier. I removed it.

pocket3.jpg

pocket4.jpg

pocket5.jpg

pocket6.jpg

This is the softest hat I've ever handled. It weighs 2.2 ounces.

pocket7.jpg

More pictures to follow!

+1! super neat!

And Rusty, I know it's not exactly a thin ribbon, but a fuchsia beret would just sparkle atop you and Randall! ;)

I like that one too... but I sometimes go for the weird stuff.

Thanks for the notes on the pocket hat. I think this is going to plump up really nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff