Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DRB

One Too Many
Thanks Gents! I get a thrill every time I look at them.
Steve: what is the fedora in your avatar? The curled brim is very distinguished.

Iyor

One of the Regulars
Thanks hatophile, I have not tried jwalls yet but I know he does great things.

John is also excellent to deal with. He has made my nicest and finest hat. His sweats are also as thin as I've seen on any of my vintage hats

scooter

Practically Family
Dang it Buler, this living on the Left coast is bad news for early morning auction opportunities. That Borso is just terrific!

Iyor

One of the Regulars
Of all your vintage hats, Which has the thinnest sweatband?

They're all pretty thin especially compared to newer modern ones, but the hat I got from John I noticed was also very thin probably more than most of my vintage ones. However that does not mean the thin ones are my favorite. I have to very early Cavanagh hats that have the best sweats I've ever felt and they are from the thocker ones I've handled.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
My " new " Borsalino Grand Prix in mid gray arrived today. I think its one from the 80s. Photos after a bit cleaning
and brushing.

borsalinoprix.jpg

borsalinoprix1.jpg

borsalinoprix2.jpg

borsalinoprix3.jpg

borsalinoprix4.jpg

Lt.Tom

Familiar Face
I just received my first fedora in the mail. Nothing too exciting, as I wanted to start with a "beginner's hat" with a middle of the road width brim, to see what I like, and to get my wife used to seeing me wear one. I do have some nice Western hats, so I do know first hand the difference between a nice fur felt, and a wool felt like this one. Alright, I lied, I am excited about it. It's a black Beltry Gangster.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

This is a 2 3/8" brim. I'm thinking I need a 2 1/2" next time. What say ye?

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HI Lt Tom

I have a slightly thinner face than you do, and wear a 2.75 inch brim on my fedoras. Of course I don't know if I look good or not...

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace