Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
New hats from the flea market today.
Three Homburger, two Mayser. One from 1950 the other from 1968. Last one a short-brimmed Rheinhut Homburger.
The condition on all are very good.

Mayser 1968

mayserhomburg68.jpg

mayserhomburg681.jpg

Mayser 1950

mayserhomburg50.jpg

mayserhomburg501.jpg

Rheinhut 1963

rheinhut.jpg

rheinhut1.jpg

more photos on german & austrian hats

Shohei

Familiar Face
Dirk, is that hat pin a little kitten?

Next Q, will you keep the feathers?
Yes Randall it came with one rather um... homely kitten, and the feather well... Its visible! I have tended to keep things as they were, though in this case, the feather is going to find a new home as its a bit much on this stingy.

Thank you David, and yes my favorite at the moment is the Adams!

Thanks for the kind comments!

Alan that is a gorgeous Borso Nunesca - nice find

Guy that lid looks great and shaping looks fine too.

Manfred that hat colour is tough to pin down, it thought it black, then in the bathroom when shaping, it looked greenish tint...in bright light a charcoal... Cant get over the felt yet... so soft and malleable!
Oh and brilliant finds your self!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
It seems everyone finds some wonderfully treasured hats, and to just look at them all makes me have a smile in my heart to all the lucky owners! Congrats to you all! Last year I was looking for a bit of a different hat, sort of my what would be called by some, "grail hat", and all I had to go by was a picture from the internet. As luck would have it, my lovely wife spent a few months looking for the hat in question and with such almost a miracle of luck, found the actual hat that was in the picture, it was up for bids on eBay and it was a late x-mas present for me.
Here is the picture I showed her way back last year. And here is the hat at home! The hat had been called a Stetson Road Master, Gun Club, it fits me like it was made for me, size 7 3/8's! I am not sure if Road Master should be Roadster, in the name of the hat, but that makes little difference to me, I have to thank my lovely Wife for her making this purchase, I had NO idea she had even found it, and she had to work out something with the seller of the hat so I would not know about it, until it arrived. And now she has been bitten by the "Hat bug" as well, she now has her own very nice Fedora.......

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
This is my Wife's new Treasure, I was amazed she wanted to finally own a Hat, and wow, she found a gem! The pictures do no justice to this, it was in a window on display of a vintage store for more than 30 years, and it has some slight discoloration right on the top of the front crown in between the pinches of the creases, which brings out a few hues of color that would not normally be there, makes it actually (to us) look nicer sort of different. I showed her how to brush the hat, she spent about an hour doing so, the hat needed it badly. So she now has a wonderful hat of her own, it is a Mallory, fits her pretty good, I will get a head shot in a day or so of her wearing it. The hat is hard to call color wise, silver belly, light pale grey with a hint of blue hue from the sun discoloration? It is dinky in size, and does not weigh much at all, but in all honesty, I wish it was my size! LOL! She got a keeper for sure! Bless her!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
+1 on that!

Thank you both. I can tell you, my loving Wife, Family and Friends sure do make a great difference in such a positive way in life for me, and I have missed being here so much as well. My Wife made a suggestion to me late last night, that we should see about "hosting" a get together here in our City, we have some nice Historical factors, a few Musuems that are not all that large but are very interesting, and the Franke Center that many Arts and performances take place. We also have a few times a year when the older very Vintage Cars show up and Parade. We even have full time a Horse Carriage service.

TipTop

Practically Family
BIG BEN Store, California $25 (11/02/81)
ePrey last week $50
Thoroughbred: 100% Imported Fur
Nee Feather Hatband

15164632-lg.jpg

Modified with Silver Conchos

15164633-lg.jpg

Googling Thoroughbred is what landed me here; I'm glad. Any thoughts? Love the color as opposed to how palomino it looked on ePrey.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
BIG BEN Store, California $25 (11/02/81)
ePrey last week $50
Thoroughbred: 100% Imported Fur
Nee Feather Hatband

15164632-lg.jpg

Modified with Silver Conchos

15164633-lg.jpg

Googling Thoroughbred is what landed me here; I'm glad. Any thoughts? Love the color as opposed to how palomino it looked on ePrey.

That is nice, I like the hatband I think I am seeing a buckle on it? How soft is the crown?

TipTop

Practically Family
That is nice, I like the hatband I think I am seeing a buckle on it? How soft is the crown?
Yes, a working buckle that is quite snug at its first notch. (All sterling).

The hat brim is quite stiff, but the crown will cave when brushed; average weight. I get the impression that Thoroughbred was a middling brand, as the BIG BEN stamp on the sweat promotes Resistol and Abington brands!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Yes, a working buckle that is quite snug at its first notch. (All sterling).

The hat brim is quite stiff, but the crown will cave when brushed; average weight. I get the impression that Thoroughbred was a middling brand, as the BIG BEN stamp on the sweat promotes Resistol and Abington brands!

That would make sense. I am always interested in what I call, "different" looking hatbands, and the one on your hat with the buckle is very sharp!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
P1030710.JPG
P1030708.JPG

P1030709.JPG
P1030706.JPG

Very dirty but cleaned right up with hat sponge and K2r. Will take better photos tomorrow with natural light.

The Playboy hat you won is a charmer for sure, you made it look like new! (if you ever desire to put it up for sale, let me know). But it sure does look nice on you, for sure!

Yes, the second to last photo shows the hat folded. Interesting kid glove leather at the forehead. Unfortunate smell of cigarette smoke which I will have to tackle. The box reeks. Phew. Otherwise, it is like new.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Yes, the second to last photo shows the hat folded. Interesting kid glove leather at the forehead. Unfortunate smell of cigarette smoke which I will have to tackle. The box reeks. Phew. Otherwise, it is like new.

You're right, looking at it again I see the inside folded.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats