Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Found this today. a little beat up and creased, but has relatively good structural integrity. Schoble vented bowler:

001copycopy.jpg

002copye.jpg

005copyk.jpg

006copykz.jpg

007copys.jpg

008copy.jpg

010copy.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys. :) It cleaned up just good enough-- some of those dust marks are just stained in-- and got some of the lumps out of the crown, but creases definitely still there, and it's hard to say if one of them doesn't go all the way through. Also the sweatband appears to have pulled from the stitching in some areas, but had been glued. In any case, I'm comfortable with it for a twenty-spot or so.

Oh-- can't believe I forgot to include the most important picture:

003copym.jpg

job

One Too Many
I thought I'd take a picture of my new bad weather straw hat. I don't have to worry about it getting wet since it is a palm leaf hat. It even has a nice leather sweatband. Only 18 bucks delivered from Ebay.

DSCN1064.jpg

Last edited:

TipTop

Practically Family
Thanks guys. :) It cleaned up just good enough-- some of those dust marks are just stained in-- and got some of the lumps out of the crown, but creases definitely still there, and it's hard to say if one of them doesn't go all the way through. Also the sweatband appears to have pulled from the stitching in some areas, but had been glued. In any case, I'm comfortable with it for a twenty-spot or so.

Oh-- can't believe I forgot to include the most important picture:

003copym.jpg

All that and a salt shaker too! Love it; have fun.

job

One Too Many
Thanks Manfred, it's my largest hat yet. I don't dress in anyway like a cowboy (boots, belt buckles, etc) but my last 4 hats have been western style hats. I love some of Alan's western hats and they have been growing on me a lot.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Thanks Manfred, it's my largest hat yet. I don't dress in anyway like a cowboy (boots, belt buckles, etc) but my last 4 hats have been western style hats. I love some of Alan's western hats and they have been growing on me a lot.

I think that Alan wears western hats like very few of us can. He looks comfortable in almost any of them.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Never been creased...

Well, you wear them well, JB-- keep on getting those Akubras! Been enjoying your modern Borsalinos too lately. I especially like that "Film."

I got my Borsalino yesterday. It's kind of amazing. Basically impeccable condition, with a light striation on the top of the crown that disappears when creased. I don't know what that is.
This is a conservative hat for me in terms of color, with a 2 inch cav-edged brim and rather wide black ribbon. It's a very light and warm grey, though in direct sunlight in almost goes silver belly. The felt is pretty darned awesome, and I dig the wide grey sweatband. Enjoy!

0052copy.jpg

0062copy.jpg

0042copyr.jpg

003copyt.jpg

0032copy.jpg

0043copy.jpg

010copyk.jpg

004copyt.jpg

anyone know what that handwriting says on the label inside the sweatband?

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
I believe the handwriting starts out Ta. I own a number of Borsalino hats that are stamped TA/Ludora, which is a Alessandria style hat. The stamp that I see most often on a felted edge Borso is Gorasgu, but I have never seen it used with the TA/ prefix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy