Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

D00R

One of the Regulars
thanks guys :)

the jackets from japan its like a bomber sweater jacket.

i also got a hair cut, short hair now

Bingles

A-List Customer
My first CUSTOM Hat

I am so proud to show this off here!!! I ordered it from my local master hatter.. the gifted and talented, Mr. Gary White. It is a gray three point pork pie hat, with black ribbon and trim. I LOVE it!! Mr. White did such an excellent job!!!

I apologize for the flash making an odd pattern on the ribbon.. I hope you can make out the bow alright.. I love the look of it!

It's 100% beaver fur, and made proudly right here in Buffalo!

100_1266.jpg

100_1267.jpg

100_1268.jpg

indycop

I'll Lock Up
A while back during a really busy/crappy week I got a pm from RBH telling me to check out a hat on the bay that I might be interested in. Well I was too busy to check the lounge so it was waay too late by the time I saw the message. Luckily for me he sent another PM shortly after that one saying that he went ahead and bought and if I wanted it I could get it for what he paid! This is what makes the lounge such a great place!:eusa_clap

So here is my first and only vintage hat a Penney's Marathon!:D I tried to make it a diamond but it wanted to stay that way so I left it. it also had remnants of a ridge down the middle so I coaxed that back.:D

PB120099.jpg

PB120101.jpg

PB120102.jpg

PB120103.jpg

PB120104.jpg

PB120108.jpg

PB120110.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That looks GOOD, IC. I like the bash and the ridge. It just seems to me like the right thing to leave these old hats the way they come and let them tell their story.

Nice find, Rusty, and a good price, I hear. If you run across one in my size, keep me in mind, ok? :D

RBH

Bartender
BobC said:
That looks GOOD, IC. I like the bash and the ridge. It just seems to me like the right thing to leave these old hats the way they come and let them tell their story.

Nice find, Rusty, and a good price, I hear. If you run across one in my size, keep me in mind, ok? :D
I have never run across one of this size at the price it was. It was BUY IT NOW, that was why I got it before I heard from IC, I knew it would be gone.

warbird

One Too Many
majormoore said:
IC

Nice hat you got there.

Major Moore

Great hat IC.

Mike, hope all is well with you. I'm planning a trip to Memphis in December, 2nd week or so with my Montana buddy. We'll try and schedule some time to stop by and see if you if you'll be around.

New member showing the new and old.

Hello all, I've liked fedoras ever since I saw pics of my grandparents and great uncles all dressed up on their front porch and standing by their cars, and as much as I don't like to admit it, Indiana Jones didn't help any either.

gusmiller.jpg

The brown hat is the first one I ever bought, it was made by Gus Miller in Cincinnati about 15 years ago,
costume.jpg

the black is not much more than a costume hat, but I'm thinking about changing up my styles,
db.jpg

and the grey is one that I'm thinking about buying from Dave Brown in Rochester, I'm just having a hard time justifying $300 for a hat right now.

As much as I love my hats, sometimes my wife thinks I just look goofy. Is it safe to assume that I'm not the only one in that boat?

warbird

One Too Many
Welcome. You can buy some very nice hats for far far less than $300. Think Akubra right now with a weak Australian dollar. Check ebay for vintage hats. Akubra check everythingaustralian.com or hatsdirect.com

Lots of choices. Have fun. What size are you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes