Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TipTop

Practically Family
Rodkins, those are amazing. Nice haul! I love the binding on the vita-felt.

Ray, Terry, Sam Diamond-- excellent specimens as well. What a great rattler band!
I'm not sure that Knox could quite pass as a homburg, though. Could it be an Alpine hat?

This just came in from ebay:
Wormser Royal Luxury, with a very cool sharksgill and cross-stitched ribbon.

014copyh.jpg

010copys.jpg

Ah, those days before focus grouped-marketing. Tell us Bowlerman, what's it like to have a "Wormser" over your ears??? Sure is an elegant piece for such an icky name!

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Randall, believe me black or dark hats just make me look more anemic than than normal with my silver hair and light complexion. So I ll spare all of you guys the horror of modeling this one.
On the flip side bowlerman is an example of somone who wears dark hats well and he could definitely rock this one.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Bond, I like the black Whippet.

Jeff, cool Wormser. I can across one in an antique store a while ago - an Open Road clone. Was tempted to buy, but I thought the price was too high.

New arrival for me; Sahara ArtLite with Art's vintage copper ribbon

smugshot8898679-L.jpg

I'll post some photos in the Hall of Fame thread after I crease it.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Chief, you should get some kind of "hat of the year award" or something. It is plain scary how good that lid looks on you! Plus, it's the story behind the hat that also makes it so very special. Kudos to Major Moore as well.

TipTop

Practically Family
Royal Beaver Hat in "ginger"
With "Royal" embossing and a gold-colored liner, this appears to be the top of the Beaver Hat Brand line, and it feels it. It looks huge head-on, but in profile, it's more proportional. The felt is luxuriously soft on its surface, but quite firm in its construction. Need to decide about a rebash as it could use a cleaning on underside of brim.

15767792-lg.jpg

15767793-lg.jpg

15767813-lg.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Ah, those days before focus grouped-marketing. Tell us Bowlerman, what's it like to have a "Wormser" over your ears??? Sure is an elegant piece for such an icky name!

Thanks for the comments, fellas! I couldn't be happier with this hat-- it is truly exemplary, and there's something about the block and proportions that really speaks to me. I speculate that it is very similar to a Whippet, less to a Strat.

Ray-- the felt is awesome, I think a suede finish. It's my third Wormser, even despite the name!

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Ray

I THINK you may want to sell that hat to a Tennessee Volunteer. It's at least close to being their color. That's ORANGE. Shape is good, but that color is something else. I liked your gambler hat in the Western pictures MUCH better.

Later

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Ray, that terra cotta number is capital B "Bodacious!" Are you ready for snide remarks in public? That is to say, "you packin' heat, partner?" :D

Dang! Makes me hungry for turmeric-laced tacos, somehow.

buler

I'll Lock Up
So we didn't find any hats between Illinois and Tenn. But I stopped quick at a mall in Wisconsin today and found this. Portis hatbox, Bond milan, Mallory Balibuntal, and a Roswelle brown derby. More in the Roswelle thread on the derby.

group.jpg

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner