Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mattface

Practically Family
I would worry about the ribbon too. Nice two color but most ribbon stains do not come out. The sweatband look it is dried out quite a bit.
Nice felt body thou.

actually, the sweat is quite supple. I'll live with the stains in the ribbon. I'd rather have it original and stained than replace it and loose that cool ribbon.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice Matt . Is that ribbon original to hat?
It looks like the ribbon would be better suited for a straw, no?
Hope they take the ribbon off when cleaning .

gdc

One of the Regulars
Hey Gang! I've been lurking for awhile and figured I'd post a pic or 2 of my new hats. Both I've purchased from Henry the Hatter in Detroit. The first is a Bailey straw that is really comfortable. I wore it out a few weeks ago and everyone wanted to try my hat on. :mad: I was flattered....but I need to learn how to say "No one touch's my hat" in a nice way. ;)

Dave_Bailey.jpg

Great to be here!

Dave

Dave,
I have one of these as well. It's amazingly comfortable and virtually indestructible. It looks a bit better on me with the brim up, although it seems a bit 'hipster' and doesn't get worn much anymore. I prefer more brim.

mattface

Practically Family
Very nice Matt . Is that ribbon original to hat?
It looks like the ribbon would be better suited for a straw, no?
Hope they take the ribbon off when cleaning .

I believe the ribbon to be original to the hat, but with a hat this old I don't know how I would know for sure. it's certainly been on there for a long time. I like the nice vintage details like the purposely frayed end, and the diagonal stripe on the bow knot.

Very handsome Stetson there. From the interior shot with plastic crown protector and size tag without Stetson name above the size, I would push it into 1950s. Enjoy it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy