Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
:( I wish that hat would have fit me - possibly the most beautiful I've owned.

I fogot about that one. You've had some of the most beautiful hats go through your hands.

James71

A-List Customer
New CD

A new Campdraft in Glen Grey came to live at my house today. More pics over on the Campdraft thread if interested.

Campdrft4.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
OrdinaryGuy: you scored! Beautiful to say the least. Congrats.

James: Nice color. The hat suits you.

RobStC

A-List Customer
Oh my..... that is the most gorgeous hat I've seen for a long time - and there's some heavy competition around these parts. I feel a phone call to Mr. Fawcett coming on, with this picture as the inspiration (for 'inspiration' read 'blatant copy'!)

Simply amazing.....

RobStC

bendingoak said:
Here a Borsalino I picked up.

DSC_3764.jpg

[

RobStC

A-List Customer
bendingoak said:
I refurbished the hat not Art.

Yes, I realise that, and did not mean to imply otherwise. Just that the chances of finding a similar Borsalino in the UK in that amazing colour are pretty much zero, therefore custom-made would be my only route. No offence meant, but I know that Art will work from a picture as guidance for a custom hat (which was why his name was mentioned), but would certainly be interested to know if you would do likewise.

Anyway, beautiful hat and great refurbishment job. Wear it long and happily :)

RobStC

Larry

New in Town
Wide Rim Fedora

Hi everyone! I'm new and this is my first post here. I just bought this hat over the weekend and thought I would share.
hattop.jpg

hatside.jpg

hatback.jpg

~ Larry

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Larry said:
Hi everyone! I'm new and this is my first post here. I just bought this hat over the weekend and thought I would share.
hattop.jpg

hatside.jpg

hatback.jpg

~ Larry
Flamboyant. Not for the feint of heart. But I like wide brims, so wearing it with confidence and a bit of outrageousness will fill it out well.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
bendingoak said:
Here another Bowler I picked up. Its a very old Stetson. There is something very special going on with this hat. I was wondering if anyone would like to take a guess.

Hard to say. From the photos, we can see it's a nice lower-crowned Derby meant for summer wear because of the ventilation holes in the crown. Is it made out of nutria, or some other exotic fur?

Brad

B.J. Hedberg

Practically Family
Larry said:
hattop.jpg

~ Larry

It looks good on you paired with your suit and red shirt. :eusa_clap Welcome.
It’s nice to see another bloke out there crazy enough to like white fedoras. Still wish I had mine. :(

One Too Many
Wellcome ¡¡¡¡¡

Larry said:
hattop.jpg

hatside.jpg

hatback.jpg

~ Larry
I like the white hats, this is nice, the brim is "matadora", wellcome at the lounge, You will spend very happy time here. :eusa_clap

MarkL

One of the Regulars
Welcome...and wow!

Dear Larry,

Welcome to Fedora Lounge! I assure you that you will find some amazing folks here...a bunch of great people

And now the WOW!....that hat! That is a beauty. Tell us about it!!!!

Mark

Larry said:
hattop.jpg

hatside.jpg

hatback.jpg

~ Larry

bendingoak

Vendor
Brad Bowers said:
Hard to say. From the photos, we can see it's a nice lower-crowned Derby meant for summer wear because of the ventilation holes in the crown. Is it made out of nutria, or some other exotic fur?

Brad

Good eye but they aren't ventilation holes.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
bendingoak said:
Good eye but they aren't ventilation holes.

Indeed, they ARE ventilation holes. However, there is a story regarding the shape the ventilation holes form.

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
rlk said:
4754807029_a5a83b6a60_b.jpg

4755446388_b4a99350ca.jpg
4755434552_eff577f55d.jpg

Porkpie/Homburg. Silver Belly with Burgundy 6-chord ribbon. From New Orleans. Unknown vintage(60's or later).

Reminiscent of the hat worn by Jock Mahoney in Yancy Derringer, 1958-1959 on CBS TV. Not an exact copy (no brim binding, thin ribbon) so it may not have been a tie-in, but that was my first impression.

bendingoak

Vendor
Garrett said:
Indeed, they ARE ventilation holes. However, there is a story regarding the shape the ventilation holes form.

I guess they can be use for that but that not what they were intended for. I'll post a btter pic soon. It will become clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy