Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bustercat

A-List Customer
Thanks, guys!
No sir, black band on green felt. After I've acquired a few more hats (and some more know-how) I think I'll see how a thicker green band will look on this. Just a thought.
As it stands, I'm very happy with my first real lid.

James71

A-List Customer
New Akubra Campdraft in Silverbelly.

Took my daughter into the Hattery in Katoomba this morning for a baby chino and some friands. Came home with my second new Akubra Campdraft in as many weeks...... More pics in the campdraft thread if anyone is interested.

CD4.jpg

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Bustercat said:
Got my first real fedora yesterday morning. It's a 100% rabbit "Stefeno" purchased from "the hat guys" in Downtown Oakland. Great store, spent about an hour trying on Dobbs, Borsalinos, and finally settled on this one. The color is just perfect. Rich olive green in the sun, almost a very dark brown in shadows.

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Bustercat, I really like the looks of that one! Nice!

Larry

New in Town
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Sorry it took so long to respond. Everyone here has wonderful hats!

MarkL said:
Dear Larry,

Welcome to Fedora Lounge! I assure you that you will find some amazing folks here...a bunch of great people

And now the WOW!....that hat! That is a beauty. Tell us about it!!!!

Mark

I got this wonderful hat at a local vintage clothing store. They have an amazing collection of vintage clothing of all eras. Every time I go in there I can't help but drop loads of money. But they treat your like royalty. Tell them what your interested in and they work hard to find what you want and to make sure you have the perfect fit.
~ Larry

Mike Rivera

New in Town
First Post - New Hat

Hi All:

My name is Mike and I'm 51 and new to this board. I've been wearing hats for about 20 years, and have about a dozen (Biltmore, Tilley, Stetson, Kangol, Barmah, etc.). Since finding this board I've began to have an interest in some nicer hats (pretty easy to do seeing many of your very nice hats), so I look forward to learning and enjoying your comments and knowledge.

Two weeks ago I picked up a Grade 8 Panama Fedora when I noticed my Biltmore Montecristi Fino had some brim creasing issues and I was on my way to an outdoor wedding. Just today the wife an I were walking in Old Sacramento and wandered into a Village Hats and bought a black/grey Stetson Andover.

Anyway, thanks for this wonderful forum. Here's me and the new Stetson:

P1000788.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
My "new to me" Champ

I just bought this Champ today at an antique shop. Its marked 6 7/8, but fits like a 7. My head is exactly 21 7/8 inches, so an exact 7 or large 6 7/8 would do the trick. The felt is in excellent condition, extreamly soft and pliable. The ribbon has some sweat staining so I might get it replaced by Optimo with a 2 or 2 1/8 inch ribbon of the same color. Based on the very small and even "I" stiching on the sweat band, and the fact that its reeded, I would date the hat to the early 40's, maybe a little before. It has a 2 3/8 inch brim which I find to be a perfect size for me. Ive been stepping away from stingy brims. It seems that lately the smallest brim that I will wear is a 2 inch. Here's some pics:

DSC03488.jpg

DSC03487.jpg

DSC03482.jpg

DSC03481.jpg

DSC03477.jpg

DSC03475.jpg

DSC03472.jpg

DSC03471.jpg

DSC03466.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Thrifted this Mexican paper 'straw' western today:

DSCN2074.jpg

It had THIS thing on it as a hat band: :eek: *yucky*
DSCN2075.jpg

I had some scrap tooled belt leather around so I fashioned this replacement: :)
DSCN2078.jpg

I'm ready for 'Western Wednesday' now:
DSCN2077.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Thrifted this Mexican paper 'straw' western today:

DSCN2074.jpg

It had THIS thing on it as a hat band: :eek: *yucky*
DSCN2075.jpg

I had some scrap tooled belt leather around so I fashioned this replacement: :)
DSCN2078.jpg

I'm ready for 'Western Wednesday' now:
DSCN2077.jpg

WOW. I really like that leather band that you put on the hat. Its a really nice looking mexican straw, expecially with the "upgrade." :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran