Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Alan. Here's a headshot in similar light

D326325-L.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Inspired by your Adam...

..Inspired by the terrific Adam, posted by DJH, I put on my Adam's Executive, already show cased in another forum thread, today. Out and about town this morning and even for some reading time. My Ipad, while used frequently, does not replace the learned enjoyment of a bound book in my hands/lap. Here is a shared pic of my hat during some reading time.

Photo%20on%202011-05-27%20at%2013.16%202.jpg

Thanks for looking folks.

DJH, the hat wears well. The color is very complimentary sir.

Alan; I imagine that you do not take a bad picture. Ah, but the new hat is sweet.

Robert; Great straw. I look forward to seeing your frequent new hats. They certainly cover a broad spectrum of the potential hats and hence broaden my appreciation of the hat world. Thanks for aquiring and sharing the plethora.

Eric -

Last edited:

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Alan. Here's a headshot in similar light

D326325-L.jpg

I'm so glad that it arrived to you safely. I'm also extremely glad that you like it! It looks great on you! I couldn't really describe the felt color completely accurate in the auction because the color really does change based on which kind of light its in.

Justin B

One Too Many
Someone actually pried a hat that nice from Josh's clutches? I'm impressed with both the hat and the feat.

I swear one of these days I'm going to Chi-town just to see Josh's collection.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Lovely, David! Great color and details.

Thanks Al. It's a rather unique hat isn't it?

..Inspired by the terrific Adam, posted by DJH, I put on my Adam's Executive
DJH, the hat wears well. The color is very complimentary sir.

Thank you Eric. This is my first ever Adam and I must say I'm liking it! Yours is really nice as well - great colour and style.

I'm so glad that it arrived to you safely. I'm also extremely glad that you like it! It looks great on you! I couldn't really describe the felt color completely accurate in the auction because the color really does change based on which kind of light its in.

Hi Josh, arrive safe and sound, right when FedEx said they would deliver. I'm lovin' the hat. I'm surprised by how much the colour changes in different light. You can be assured I'll be wearing this one a lot!

Someone actually pried a hat that nice from Josh's clutches? I'm impressed with both the hat and the feat.

Thank you Justin - to be honest, the feat of acquiring the hat would have been more difficult if it had been the right size for Josh, I suspect.

I know what you mean about his collection. He is one of a small group here who seem to find a classic just about every time. The great thing is, we get to enjoy them as well when they are shared here on the forum!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Very nice Borsalino, Eric! Post some shots of the innards when you get the chance, if you would, please. I also see that, despite the gloomy weather outside, you are suitably attired for Summer!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Here's a 1920's (estimate) 'Conductor' hat I picked up at my favorite antique store today. Sweatband is curled down at the top - hatter is Schnabele's out of Sioux City, Iowa. Price was right and it fit, so now I'm ready to conduct:

ConductFull.jpg

ConductPart.jpg

ConductSweat.jpg

ConductLabel.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

Thank you Justin - to be honest, the feat of acquiring the hat would have been more difficult if it had been the right size for Josh, I suspect.

I know what you mean about his collection. He is one of a small group here who seem to find a classic just about every time. The great thing is, we get to enjoy them as well when they are shared here on the forum!

Well gentlemen, thanks for the kind words. The Mr. Main Street was really a very exciting find for me. I believe this is the first real Mr. Main Street that anyone on the lounge has found outside of an advertisement. David is totally right, Justin. I might have kept this particular hat if it was my size, but since it was too big, I decided to sell it. I only have a couple late 40's/50's hats that I wear in my rotation. Most of my collection is all pre-1940's. I've actually had quite a few hats pass through my hands since I started collecting over a year ago, but honestly, my collection is small potatoes compared to a select few around the lounge. Anytime anyone is in Chicago, I would be more than happy to show them my collection. I am actually listing that ADAM Crusader in size 7 real soon. I promised myself that I would try to control the size of the collection and if a hat isnt pre-1940, I will usually let it go, unless its one I will wear everyday. Im always excited to find hats, hat boxes, hat advertisments, etc. As long as Im still breathing, I'm going to be hunting antique stores and antique malls. :) Im always excited to post my findings, and I love seeing all the great stuff that everyone else posts. Thats whats so great about the Fedora Lounge. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24