Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

realredf31

New in Town
I have a stetson Panama 7 3/8 in excellent condition. I tried to post a picture but it's not letting me. I want to know how to determine the age of a hat.

I have a stetson Panama 7 3/8 in excellent condition. I tried to post a picture but it's not letting me. I want to know how to determine the age of a hat.

You must have the photo uploaded to a web server. Choose the "image" tool to provide the URL for the photo, or the "link" tool to display the URL to the image. Upload of photo files is not permitted.

mattface

Practically Family
Very nice... enjoy them!

Wow, great job. Those are beauties!

Congrats on those finds, Matt!

Thanks guys! Having recently had my first taste of vintage felt I'm going a little crazy wanting to snatch up more and more. I can't really afford the higher priced stuff, so I'm cruising for bargains. I now have way too many grey hats, and soon may possibly have one too many brown ones (can't wait to get that Knox), but I think they are different enough I'll keep them both. I really need a black one and a green one though, and would not turn up my nose at other colors.

In the meantime, my rebashed Stetson Pisa has seriously suffered by comparison, I put it on my head and could not believe I ever thought that short crown looked good, and the felt while not bad is certainly not particularly good. It's kinda sad what passes for a $100 hat these days. I'm not really sure what to do with it. I guess I'll clean it up and throw it back in the bay.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Got the Dobbs 20 I fished out of the bay last week. Have to say it's an interesting color. It's a sort of pastel blue-ish gray. Really beautiful. I don't think this thing has ever been out of the box, much less worn.
6235841996_18dfd7fc83_z.jpg

WOW, Justin!!!!!! That hat looks even better than the auction photos. Its an incredible color, in AMAZING condition, and looks totally unworn. Amazing purchase!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

I saw that one on etsy and was going to purchase it about 2 minutes after you did. I'm really glad that you picked this one up. Its so rare to see a double vented, gray, straight, tall crown derby like that. AWESOME find, Robert!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

mattface

Practically Family
Great finds, Matt!! I especially like this champ. Its looks like a Whippet clone and with that awesome Champ Kasmir finish, I bet its even nicer.

Thanks! It's pretty darned nice. It's by far the nicest hat in the batch and for some inexplicable reason it really wasn't shown in the auction pictures at all. In some ways it's nicer than my "whippetlike" Stetson Royal, but the crown is not quite as tall or boxy, and that's what I love most about the Stetson.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Here's my new Whippet courtesy of Matt...
5474f5b5.jpg

I was too excited to get some pictures...still need to steam about some small ribbon wrinkles...
a14d2d2b.jpg

8a6bfda8.jpg

b23ba842.jpg

davidraphael

Practically Family
Here is my latest beauty that I'm very pleased with indeed. It's a Peschel homburg that looks like it has hardly been worn, if at all - it's in excellent condition. There are no sweat stains whatsoever on the liner, no marks of any kind on the exterior of the hat itself. The crown is higher than my other homburg, and the liner is stitched rather than glued, so I'm wondering how old it is.

More pics in the German/Austria thread!

35884380.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
42443632.jpg
51571839.jpg
72101968.jpg

Dronak

Familiar Face
I just got another hat today, a "100% woolfelt" cap. It's larger and more rounded in the main body and slopes down in the front. I tried to get an angle on the picture that shows that, but it might not have come out too well. It's nothing special, just a cheap cap. But while out shopping, I tried it on and my wife said she liked it, so I bought it. I typically wear the fedora/trillby I got this summer, but this cap could be an alternative sometimes.

woolcap.jpg

scooter

Practically Family
I just picked up a Whippet as well, Mike, unfortunately mine doesn't look quite as spiffy as yours. (Maybe it's the model!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran