Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Stetson Beaver Thirty-Five
This one was brought back to life by jwalls and it's a very cool hat.
dd67680a.jpg

a26069b6.jpg

4e123647.jpg

e1ae05a6.jpg

11dcd8ab.jpg

b839a07f.jpg

Really sharp hat, I sure like the crease in it as well and the color is great! Looks very good on you!

scooter

Practically Family
Mike, that Stetson 35 is incredible! You, my friend, are accumulating an impressive array of hats.

Alan, that homburg is very sharp, but that antique stretcher is simply wonderful.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Beaver Hats - I picked this one up right before my chocolate whippet so I will probably be passing it along shortly as the colors are pretty similar. It has the original pricetag on it for $3.98
f0fb8865.jpg

398920d7.jpg

71d84e68.jpg

5f6cd33a.jpg

ee613b16.jpg

0b889226.jpg

71ace020.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
It seems to me that $3.98 must have been a good discount price on that hat. I don't know how it feels, but it sure looks nice as you wear it. And although it's not the same color, it reminds me of the grey Nokabout that I sold to Aureliano (and that now belongs to DJH).

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
It seems to me that $3.98 must have been a good discount price on that hat. I don't know how it feels, but it sure looks nice as you wear it. And although it's not the same color, it reminds me of the grey Nokabout that I sold to Aureliano (and that now belongs to DJH).

You're right, Zetwal. I thought the same thing. That Nokabout is a great hat, sadly though, didn't suit me the way I had hoped.

JTopenroad

One of the Regulars
New to me from Ebay. Westchester

WestchesterHatOct192011002.jpg
WestchesterHatOct192011006.jpg
WestchesterHatOct192011005.jpg

Don't know anything about this hat but it looks similar to Rodkins Beaver Brand. The tag inside said water proofed, so I had to test it.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I received a couple of new hats from Art Fawcett today. Not exactly the correct season, but I'll take one to South America with me this winter, and the other will be here for next summer

The first hat is a 900-wpi hat that Art made for me. I never thought that I would want something this fine. I was concerned that a hat this fine would be delicate, but after handling it I decided that I love the hat and will wear it.

This next one is a 600 plus wpi. This hat was ordered from PB to be a teardrop crown, but when it arrived the crown was to low and the brim narrower than I had wanted. Art and I discussed that hat and decided that making an optimo crown would solve both concerns.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
This is my new Ebay Won a Resistol 7 x Beaver.
The History of the Hat.
Lyndon B. Johnson
made this hat for the gift of Felix von Eckardt, a German politician.
In 1952 began his political career when he took over in February, the Head of Press and Information Office of the Federal Government in Bonn.
He was in fact government spokesman. From May 1955 to 1956 he acted as an observer at the United Nations in New York. Von Eckardt, who was considered a confidant of Chancellor Konrad Adenauer
Thats the story from Ebay. Is it true
resistol.jpg

resistol1.jpg

resistol2.jpg

resistol3.jpg

resistol5.jpg

resistol4.jpg

Last edited:

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
This is my new Ebay Won a Resistol 7 x Beaver.
The History of the Hat.
Lyndon B. Johnson
made this hat for the gift of Felix von Eckardt, a German politician.
In 1952 began his political career when he took over in February, the Head of Press and Information Office of the Federal Government in Bonn.
He was in fact government spokesman. From May 1955 to 1956 he acted as an observer at the United Nations in New York. Von Eckardt, who was considered a confidant of Chancellor Konrad Adenauer
Thats the story from Ebay. Is it true
Wow. That certainly is cool.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I received a couple of new hats from Art Fawcett today. Not exactly the correct season, but I'll take one to South America with me this winter, and the other will be here for next summer

The first hat is a 900-wpi hat that Art made for me. I never thought that I would want something this fine. I was concerned that a hat this fine would be delicate, but after handling it I decided that I love the hat and will wear it.

This next one is a 600 plus wpi. This hat was ordered from PB to be a teardrop crown, but when it arrived the crown was to low and the brim narrower than I had wanted. Art and I discussed that hat and decided that making an optimo crown would solve both concerns.
Two very cool hats. That is quite a low crown on the second one - leave it to Art to come up with such a great solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic