Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Today the pre 1940 P. & C. Habig Velour arrived and it actually fits perfect. The crown is 6 inches open. It just needs a ribbon / bow and it will be a super hat. As far as I know this is the first pre 1940 P. & C. Habig soft felt on the FL. I will post the details after the ribbon / bow is in place. Again thanks to Josh for the tip!

6793337752_5af0e39be3_b.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Berkshire Backbow

Very interesting color hat. Marked a Berkshire. Has a frayed backbow. Color is a charcoal gray in the brown spectrum.

B

berkshire_1.jpg

berkshire_2.jpg

berkshire_3.jpg

berkshire_4.jpg

berkshire_5.jpg

berkshire_6.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
My congrats guys to the " New " old Hats!
verynice.gif

Mikeg, Congrats on the first and to many more!

+2
Very nice find! Enjoy it!

Today the pre 1940 P. & C. Habig Velour arrived and it actually fits perfect. The crown is 6 inches open. It just needs a ribbon / bow and it will be a super hat. As far as I know this is the first pre 1940 P. & C. Habig soft felt on the FL. I will post the details after the ribbon / bow is in place. Again thanks to Josh for the tip!

Steve, super! That´s a rare find indeed and looks really good!

Very interesting color hat. Marked a Berkshire. Has a frayed backbow. Color is a charcoal gray in the brown spectrum.

B

berkshire_1.jpg

berkshire_2.jpg

berkshire_3.jpg

berkshire_4.jpg

berkshire_5.jpg

berkshire_6.jpg

Buler, very nice, on the photos it looks really good!

Artlite Dark Moss

D314188-L.jpg

More in The Hall of Fame thread

David, as wonderful as your other Hats.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I took a (cheap) shot on this ePrey furry 1970s monster. because it was in great condition and presumably reworkable. I am glad I did.
15257012-lg.jpg

After peeping under the side-saddle feather head-dress and discovering the buried braided leather cord and getting out the dog-grooming tools, I instantly transformed a pimp-wanna-be into an upstanding Western man's 5X Stetson that has TRANSFORMED the way I look and feel in cowboy hats.

15257013-lg.jpg

I am not trying to be dramatic about this and want to think about this some more (as I have a killer 100% natural beaver Dorer Cattleman inbound). But, the realization of this personal viewpoint is all because I am still new to western hats and have stuck with dark colors for winter. However, this pale furry thingy, after its grooming and putting on a scarf to tie it together, has yielded the most comfortable reflection I have had yet. I think this is due to my own coloration, the hat's warm color and even the tall crown. Whatever, I wanted to report it here, as there isn't another soul on this earth to share this with....:eusa_clap

This self-revelation comes on the heels of responding to several "my first fedora" and this "color is difficult" hand-wringing threads over the past few days, where I offered "free advice" to other even-newer Loungers. So, excuse the crappy reflective shot into a 175-year old mirror, (I'll get out the tripod soon enough, certainly for the Dorer), but I would like any appraisal you guys might have to offer.
15257014-lg.jpg

You had a great "eye" for seeing what you could do with that hat, and you sure made it be very stunning, looks great!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

Steve, I'm so glad the hat finally made it to you!! It looks wonderful! That 6 inch crown and incredible brim flange looks spectacular. I can't wait to see it with a ribbon and bow. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn