Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Royal Beaver Hat in "ginger"
With "Royal" embossing and a gold-colored liner, this appears to be the top of the Beaver Hat Brand line, and it feels it. It looks huge head-on, but in profile, it's more proportional. The felt is luxuriously soft on its surface, but quite firm in its construction. Need to decide about a rebash as it could use a cleaning on underside of brim.

cool hat!

pjt113

One of the Regulars
I am in hat heaven, my two new hats:

VS Milan
Picture0007.jpg

My first Fed IV
Picture0008.jpg

rlk

I'll Lock Up
So we didn't find any hats between Illinois and Tenn. But I stopped quick at a mall in Wisconsin today and found this. Portis hatbox, Bond milan, Mallory Balibuntal, and a Roswelle brown derby. More in the Roswelle thread on the derb

B
Nice selection.
I think they hide the hats when they see me coming

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
New Hat and New Member

It's an honor to be a part of the FL forum! I bought this on eBay a few weeks ago. The condition was pristine. I LOVE IT !!!

Kevin McAndrew 7 1/4
- medium brown
- 4 1/8" crown center dent
- 2" black ribbon
- 2 1/8" brim

cabin-1.jpg

photo1-5.jpg

photo3-5.jpg

photo2-5.jpg

photo5.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Here is a new to me Peter's Bros Indy Milan I received from a fellow lounger. My other Milan has a much more stingy brim, so I like the wider brim on a Milan for a change.
536d8799.jpg

fa9f7499.jpg

88bd9d40.jpg

c78565be.jpg

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Good looking milan Rodkins. I really like the wider brim, and it's just in time for summer. You should get plenty of opportunity to wear it.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Rodkins

Peter's brothers sells those for $150 now. I'd consider it, but I have a Milan. On mine, the brim is flexible, but the crown is pretty firm. What's that one like with respect to stiffness?

Thanks

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just got this Borsalino thin ribbon and was suprised to find out how nice of condition it is. Also the leather sweat is thick as a steak so I steamed it abit and now it fits me comfortably well. Color is called Lino which translates to Linen or flax. I like it as this is one of the few colors that work on me.
IMG_5633.jpg

Last edited:

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Hi Rodkins

Peter's brothers sells those for $150 now. I'd consider it, but I have a Milan. On mine, the brim is flexible, but the crown is pretty firm. What's that one like with respect to stiffness?

Thanks
When I received the hat it was very floppy all over. I sprayed it with distilled water and set it into open crown brim up. I let it dry and sprayed it again and put it into the shape it is now. Now the crown is fairly stiff and the brim holds it shape but is neither stiff nor floppy. It's just a tad large on me so I have to pad it a bit.
Mike

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
I bought two Homburger, an gray Iltis Homburger from VEB ( Volks Eigene Betriebe der DDR ) stamp with 1949 and a brown Wegener Colonel ca. mid 50's
The brown one, had no liner and ribbon.

Out of the Box!
iltis.jpg

after cleaning and steaming!
VEB Iltis
iltis1.jpg

Wegener Colonel with new 2 inch vintage ribbon and new liner.
wegenercolonelbraun.jpg

more pics in German&Austrian Hats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24