Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
The perfect accessory for a warm afternoon filled with drinks with little umbrellas in them.
That hat would even look class act pulled down over your face while passed out in a lawn chair.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Thanks dh66, I'll try to live up to it's potential.

Che and Manfred my bros, you know how much I dig this one.

KingOfTheRoaring20's

New in Town
Hello fellow Loungers! I had posted in this thread several months back when I bought a 1920's Cawnpore Tent Club helmet. Well I have to say I have yet again bought a pith helmet. This is my newest hat, a 1930's Indian pith helmet made for the Egyptian market. Although it's missing the top strap and has some crown damage, it fits Perfectly :)

That's quite a nice helmet. I should look into one for this Alabama hot and humid weather. Something to wear with a nice GnT, maybe.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Qvist

Familiar Face
My new Akubra Campdraft Deluxe Moonstone arrived yesterday. I just finished bashing it in to a teardrop / C-crown and the brim is still a bit wet in the pictures. The quality of the hat is incredible if compared to the modern Stetson...

10101137505_36fe37112b_z.jpg

10101201603_c0a905ca6c_z.jpg

10101181826_c476b9468c_z.jpg

Lotsahats

One Too Many
American Beaver Brand

Hey gents,

This is the American Beaver Brands hat I picked up--last week I spent a little time with some steam trying to rework an uninspiring center dent, no-pinch crown and a super stiff, uneven brim. I got here before I put it down:

image.jpg

Not bad for a first time, but I hoped I could do better. Today I took another shot at it, using a spray bottle to give the hat a good soak, and hitting it with steam when I was done:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

So there we go. I'm still not sure what the ultimate fate of this hat will be, but it got what I wanted out of it--I'm feeling pretty good about doing minor re-creasing myself.

Cheers,
A

Qvist

Familiar Face
Thanks Guys for your kind words. CampDraft doesn´t just look great, it also feels great. It´s about 1/2 sizes large but with a little padding it fits just like it was made for my head! And straight from the box! Astonishing.

Mikko - Nice CampDraft, and the crease looks great. Are you shortlisting other colour variations yet? :)

Silverbelly would be the obvious choise for next hat, if only my wife would give me the green light :)

Wine65 - Beautifull Optimo!

Lotsahats - Goof job on the crease. Lovely hat.

Last edited:

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mikko - I recommend the BlueGrassGreen from EverythingAustralian :)

Aaron - looks much better. A blue American Legend and a silver Beaver Brand reached me today - very happy for the price, but they'll need a little recreasing too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner